Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review MKA bashing continues

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Bandai Namco Entertainment; Mage Knight: Apocalypse

Another <a href=http://pc.gamezone.com/gzreviews/r26574.htm>Make Knight Apocalypse review</a>. <a href=http://pc.gamezone.com>GameZone</a> has taken a look and decided that this shit aint worth more than 5.8 out of 10. The review starts with "Turn-based tabletop goes real time … which doesn’t work as well as you may think". It doesn't? I'm shocked!
<br>

<br>
<blockquote>Overall, the game is simply what it is … a hack-and-slash presented in a third-person perspective. Granted the developers tried to make the Mage Knight universe come to life, but in my opinion it would have been better left as a turn-based strategy game like the tabletop “real life” version of the game to not only keep die hard fans interested, but to really allow for some good strategy and combination options to make the game unique in it’s own right. If you’re a Mage Knight fan, you’ll see a lot of the characters and races that you’re used to, but may be disappointed in the overall end result so buy with caution.</blockquote>Better yet, buy something else.
<br>

<br>

<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPG Dot</A>

Direwolf

Arcane
ROFL! I finally realised what MKA is. I've been reading those reviews and comments and the name always sounded familiar, but I could never understand why. What confused me even more is that it sounded like the MKA universe is well-known or something. Only now I realized that MKA are those shitty plastic toys with dials at the base.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Every time I read it I think of Mortal Kombat: Apocolypse, or was it Armageddon?

aweigh

Arcane
Me too. MK is forever linked to Mortal Kombat for me. I played the last 3D one and rather enjoyed it, but nothing beats good ole MK2.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Well apparently Liu Kang is a zombie with chain hooks now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom