Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Gas Powered Games and Sega unite!

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Tags: Gas Powered Games

<a href=http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159385>1UP reports</a> that <a href=http://www.sega.com/>Sega</a> has joined forces with <a href=http://www.gaspowered.com/>Gas Powered Games</a> to develop a new PC RPG</a> based on an as of yet undisclosed new IP:<blockquote>Sega revealed today that they're teaming up with Gas Powered Games (Supreme Commander, Dungeon Siege) to develop a brand new RPG for the PC. Specifically, this deal involves Sega of America and Sega of Europe, not Sega of Japan, however the company states that this is part of their push to establish a solid portfolio of western developed games.
<br>
<br>
""We are excited to be part of Sega's western development strategy," said Chris Taylor, Creative Director and CEO of Gas Powered Games. "Our focus at Gas Powered Games is to create exciting and visually stunning new worlds coupled with revolutionary game play experiences and we see SEGA as the perfect partner in achieving that goal for our next original RPG."</blockquote>Hopefully, not another Aliens game.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.1up.com/">1UP</A>

Ryuken

Liturgist
... or another Dungeon Siege game. It's a new IP they say though and PC only it seems, really can't say what this is going to be but probably just a new hack&slash title.

Dagon

Scholar
That's not going to be another Aliens RPG, it's going to be Jurassic Park RPG :P :roll: :twisted:

Deleted member 7219

It wouldn't be another Aliens RPG if they are making a 'new, original IP', you idiot.

Texas Red

Whiner
Matt7895 said:
It wouldn't be another Aliens RPG if they are making a 'new, original IP', you idiot.

Read the thread in general discussion. New IPs dont sell. Maybe, based on this way of thinking, theyre going to go with something like Boulder's Gaete: Fahlought.

hoochimama

Liturgist
One top-down perspective real-time fully mouse controlled action-rpg on the way.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Read the thread in general discussion. New IPs dont sell."

Tell that to the makers of...

God of War

Gears of War

Jade Empire (1/2 million + sale sin the first 6 months before some funny dinko tries to argue)

Dungeon Seige

And, tons of others...

Texas Red

Whiner
Volourn said:
"Read the thread in general discussion. New IPs dont sell."

Tell that to the makers of...

God of War

Gears of War

Jade Empire (1/2 million + sale sin the first 6 months before some funny dinko tries to argue)

Dungeon Seige

And, tons of others...

I dont support it. I was joking about it, in fact. I find it retarded.

taxacaria

Scholar
Best thing I've seen from Gas Powered Games was the GPG-adv just before the hack&slash of Dungeon Siege 1 starts. And I wish GPG may end like that robot.

Texas Red

Whiner
FrancoTAU said:
One more bad Diablo clone coming up!

Read the announcement!!! Taylor said that it will be revolutionary and originial!n This is my 3rd most wanted RPG, right after Oblivion 2 and Halo 4.

Herbert West

Arbiter
Dungeon Siege was horribly boring. Space Siege is propably going to resemble it... The one thing GPG did right was Supreme Commander,it really shines in multiplayer.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
amongstthedeadcn9.jpg

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Dagon said:
That's not going to be another Aliens RPG, it's going to be Jurassic Park RPG :P :roll: :twisted:

Sarcasm aside, the very idea of making a System Shock 2-esque FPS/RPG hybrid set on either Isla Nublar or Isla Sorna is fucking amazing.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Sonic the Hedgehog RPG!

Sonic, I seem to have lost my cat. If you find it would you return it to me please?
1) Sure!
2) Sure, for a price!
3) No I will kill your cat
4) Yiff

DemonKing

Arcane
Well - I'll reserve judgement until i see the final product.

The Dungeon Siege games were a little lacklustre (mainly in terms of the automated combat) but from all reports a lot of people found Supreme Commander good (I never got past the demo and my Company of Heroes addiction), so perhaps they're headed in the right direction.

PC only is a good place to start, in any case. Hopefully the decent showing by the Witcher has shown people that there is a big untapped market for single player PC CRPGS out there.

Section8

Cipher
The Dungeon Siege games were a little lacklustre (mainly in terms of the automated combat) but from all reports a lot of people found Supreme Commander good (I never got past the demo and my Company of Heroes addiction), so perhaps they're headed in the right direction.

The problem with comparing Supreme Commander to *.Siege is that Supreme Commander puts you in charge of literally hundreds of units and an overarching strategy, so you don't really mind the shallow automated combat.

Dungeon Siege is to Supreme Commander what Sole Survivor was to Command and Conquer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom