Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview ToEE Developer Journal #5 at RPGVault

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Temple of Elemental Evil

<A HREF="http://rpgvault.ign.com" target="_blank">RPG Vault</a> have posted their <a href="http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/432/432548p1.html">fifth journal</a> on the upcoing <a href="http://www.greyhawkgame.com">Temple of Elemental Evil</a>. In this one, programmer <b>Aaron Brunstetter</b> talks about his experiences after a year working at Troika.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>First off, let's get talk about my misconceptions. You know the ones I'm talking about:
<br>
"You make video games? You must get to play games ALL DAY LONG!!"
<br>
This is simply not the case. At a recent family reunion, I had to reassure countless relatives that I actually had a job that required, well... work. Don't get me wrong; we have lots of fun around here. But we also work very, very hard. It's amazing to see the talent here. All of the artists on the Temple of Elemental Evil team can model, texture and animate. It's crazy! No resource is left untapped. And almost every morning (read: 11 AM) when I get into work, there is an e-mail from another programmer who worked through the night until 6 AM! (90% of the time, it's Huy.) Right now, we're doing some major bug fixing, so we've all spent the last month working 80 to 100 hours a week!</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
<i>Isn't it a pity, isn't it a shame/Nobody ever warned the boy/Programming is a vicious game.</i> Go April Wine!

Crazy Tuvok

Liturgist
Aaron sounds like a nice enough guy and I am happy that he enjoys his work *but* this was the most uninformative dev diary EVAR. I am afraid I really don't give a shit about your workday or how surprising it was to discover...whatever. Tell me about the game dude that is what is interesting to me.

DrattedTin

Liturgist
Honestly?

I like this kind of diary better than "THIS IS ANOTHER ITEM YOU CAN GET". I'll find out all the gritty details when I play the game.

Whipporowill

Erudite
There is only so much you can say, really... considering the amount of PR Tim has done himself.

Seems like there's a new preview coming up Gamespy this week. THAT's going to be interesting...

Spazmo

Erudite
Actually, I thought this was a very interesting article. You can only hear "WE HAVE GOBLINS!!" so many times. This piece provided some interesting insight on how things go at Troika.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
This was a "A Day In the Life Of" entry. Not a bad one, I'd say. Certainly made for an interesting read.

Crazy Tuvok

Liturgist
Certainly I don't need a another diary entry: "we have goblins and swords!!". I just don't care that much that you like working there - good for you I am happy for ya, I really am. Means nothing to me tho. I would rather hear something explicit about working on the game technical or otherwise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom