Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Depths of Peril post-release interview

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Depths of Peril

I had <a href=http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=160>a chat</a> with Steven Peeler about his first indie game <a href=http://www.soldak.com/>Depths of Peril</a>:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>5. What would you have done differently given a choice? Also, what are you best and worst DoP design decisions? </b>
<br>
<br>
Looking back on the project, I would probably say something I would do differently is bringing in artists a bit earlier in the project. This turned out fine in the end, but finding artists and getting good progress on the artwork was pretty stressful for me during a lot of the project.
<br>
<br>
I think the best design decision of the project was including the covenant gameplay. Not only is this one of the biggest distinguishing features of Depths of Peril, but it is also the feature that led to other important unique things in the game like consequences to your actions and the very dynamic world. The covenants is one of those features that changes just about everything in the game. They adventure in the world, they can solve quests before you do, they start wars and raid other covenants including yours, they help out when the town is attacked, they can grab recruits before you do, guards, rumors, and crystals all are due to the covenant gameplay, they can destroy your covenant, and the list just goes on and on. </blockquote>

Severian Silk

Is the game titled Depth of Peril or Depths of Peril? I get lots of Google hits for the latter.

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I've been meaning to buy this for some time and went ahead and bought it just now.

speeler

Soldak Entertainment
Developer
It is Depths of Peril. I didn't even notice that it was spelled wrong, good catch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom