Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Oblivion review at PS3

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

PS3 has posted Oblivion GotY edition <a href=http://www.ps3center.net/story-1160-PS3-Review-Oblivion-Game-of-the-Year-Edition.html>review</a> and I decided to share it with you guys to remind you what an awesome game that was.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>There are so many different characters you can create from the classes given it’s almost mind boggling*. With a myriad of facial features, facial details, hairstyles, etc you can really create your own customized character. Or if all of that is too much for you then just create one randomly.</blockquote>* The boggling effect depends on your mind and may not work with IQ over 50 points.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>As soon as you leave the initial dungeon and enter the world of Tamriel for the first time you are going to have to use that character you made for the whole game so choose your skills wisely. </blockquote>Really? So I can't make a new character later on and continue the same game? Good to know.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>I’ll probably be repeating this often but Oblivion lets you play the game how you want, each player will play the game differently and no two experiences will be the same. ... So what do you do when enter the world of Tamriel for the first time? Well to be honest whatever you want to. Bethesda has created such a non linear game that you are free to do what you choose to.</blockquote>Sounds like an amazing game.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Now if all this fighting and grand storyline isn’t your thing well you can go off and find very rare plants and create potions and sell them. Go search for loot in the harder dungeons and sell them for gold, buy a house and decorate it, be a bounty hunter, hell if you want you can break into somebody’s house steal an orange then get arrested, break out of prison and do it all again!</blockquote>So much to do, so little time.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>To sum it up, if you like RPGS buy this game. If you already have Oblivion then buy the Shivering Isles Expansion pack. If you are looking for a very meaty, very fulfilling game play experience loaded with tons of options, storylines and just freedom to do whatever you want. Then look no further The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is for you, it’s not called game of year edition for no reason.</blockquote>It's called game of the year edition because morons like you can't get enough of it.
<br>
<br>

Deleted member 7219

Bethesda has created such a non linear game that you are free to do what you choose to.

As VD said, sounds like an amazing game. What is it called and where can I find it?

Thanks VD for putting this up, it's a relief to hear about an AWESUM rpg like Oblivian after all the reviews about that silly fps The Witcher.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
Nobody cares, but I still haven't found the Game of the Year Edition cheap on the PC, so I guess if I wait for another year or two I'll be able to get it for under £15?

Deleted member 7219

Jedi_Learner said:
Nobody cares, but I still haven't found the Game of the Year Edition cheap on the PC, so I guess if I wait for another year or two I'll be able to get it for under £15?

That or sail the seven seas.

denizsi

Arcane
VD said:
As soon as you leave the initial dungeon and enter the world of Tamriel for the first time you are going to have to use that character you made for the whole game so choose your skills wisely.

Really? So I can't make a new character later on and continue the same game? Good to know.

Big FAIL!1 Mass Effect has this feature, it's so next-gen. It's good to know beforehand that Oblivion does NOT!

I saw an auction for it on E-Bay, starting at $1. Yes, PC.

edit: added the original remark VD quoted.

Micmu

Magister
denizsi said:
VD said:
Really? So I can't make a new character later on and continue the same game? Good to know.
Big FAIL!1 Mass Effect has this feature, it's so next-gen. It's good to know beforehand that Oblivion does NOT!
Wow.

Wow.

Now that's progress.

DraQ

Arcane
Now if all this fighting and grand storyline isn’t your thing
The reviewer seems to not be up to date with the news - Grand storyline plugin was aborted when guys at Bethesda figured out it wouldn't sell very well.

Go search for loot in the harder dungeons and sell them for gold
Such a fail, there are no "harder" dungeons in oblibians.

be a bounty hunter
With no bounties to collect.

hell if you want you can break into somebody’s house steal an orange then get arrested, break out of prison and do it all again!
Seems reasonable when all the silverware is cheaper than your lowest possible quality rusty daggers - at least you can make some potions using oranges.

If you are looking for a very meaty, very fulfilling game play experience loaded with tons of options, storylines and just freedom to do whatever you want.
...Then fire up the notepad.

TheLostOne

Savant
denizsi said:
VD said:
As soon as you leave the initial dungeon and enter the world of Tamriel for the first time you are going to have to use that character you made for the whole game so choose your skills wisely.

ME does not have this feature. That was a misinterpretation.

http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/vi ... &forum=104

WalterKinde

Scholar
So they finally released a GOTY edition eh?
Well time to hunt Ebay for a used copy or amazon (thats how i got my Morrowind GOTY).

Deleted member 7219

Talking about new releases of mediocre games, Two Worlds was released on Steam today for $31.95.... since that's about £15, or £18 with tax, I thought 'what the heck' and decided to buy it.

Lingwe

Liturgist
Those games journalists just keep on giving and giving.

Gaming Journalism: Defending mediocrity since the advent of the internet.

Balor

Arcane
Entertainment! That's better then watching clowns... in fact, clowns are boring, but those reviewers never cease to amuse us.

kris

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
I’ll probably be repeating this often but Oblivion lets you play the game how you want, each player will play the game differently and no two experiences will be the same. ...

Considering the lack of limitations I more got the impression that the only way games would be different is if you went out of the way to do that yourself.

Astromarine

Erudite
*why* are people here still considering buying this piece of shit? Can anyone please explain this to me? yeah yeah, hivemind blahblahblah, everyone's entitled to an opinion, whatever. Hasn't it been proven beyond a doubt that it REALLY sucks? Can't you people spend your money like on hookers or something? give them a strap-on to use and you'll get almost the same experience as Oblivion, but with an orgasm added into the price. Game of the Year edition right there.

zioburosky13

Educated
Praising an year old retard piece of shit so call 'RPG' game on a so call 'Next-gen' console?
Wow they are really bunch of moron :lol:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Why attribute to malice what can be reasonably explained with stupidity?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom