Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher demo released

Ausir

Arcane
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher, The

The demo of CD Projekt's <a href=http://www.thewitcher.com>The Witcher</a> has been released... in Poland. The demo can be bought with today's issue of <a href=http://www.gazetawyborcza.pl>Gazeta Wyborcza</a>, one of the major Polish daily newspapers. The demo contains most of the prologue and Act I. Aside from the demo, the DVD contains a music video of Vader's "<a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rx_AA5GfNE>Sword of the Witcher</a>" song, the game intro, the 1.01a patch, as well as some concept art, trailers and wallpapers.
<br>
<br>
Dates of online release and English version of the demo are yet to be announced.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=7105.0">CD Projekt</A>

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
One thing I don't understand, is it so hard to put it on some server then distribute it in thousands of copys around the country?

Ausir

Arcane
Probably Gazeta Wyborcza paid CD Projekt for having the demo first, they'll most likely put the demo online soon as well.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
MasPingon, you don't get the picture do you.

fastpunk

Arbiter
MasPingon said:
A little unnsecessary news. I mean, who gives a fuck about demo released in Poland

There are a lot of poles on the codex, they care.

Anyway, fuck it! I thought it was actually released world-wide.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Do I have to spell this, if the polish demo is out then the english is right behind the corner.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
English version of the demo are yet to be announced.
They don't need one, they got their hype machine.

Oh well. Better late than never.... cocksuckers. :roll:

Hmm ...:? What?

dagorkan

Arbiter
WhiskeyWolf said:
Hmm ...:? What?
What's up with releasing demos a month or two months after release?

I know many companies never do demos but it's still wrong.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
@WhiskeyWolf: Don't mind him; he's got this obsession of sorts.

Anyway, the point of the demo in GW is, I think, to make more people interested in gaming and TW in particular. Of course they could put it on a server, but it wouldn't serve such a purpose.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
dagorkan said:

Wrong is when you fuck your sister or rape a guy - now thats wrong.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Elwro said:
Anyway, the point of the demo in GW is, I think, to make more people interested in gaming and TW in particular.
You don't think it's to sell more copies and increase shareholder profits?

dragonfk

Erudite
dagorkan said:
Elwro said:
Anyway, the point of the demo in GW is, I think, to make more people interested in gaming and TW in particular.
Priceless :lol: .

Hory

Erudite
Ausir said:
Aside from the demo, the DVD contains a music video of Vader's "<a>Sword of the Witcher</a>" song
Did these fags get paid to do the song or did they do it just because they're huge emos?

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
WhiskeyWolf said:
dagorkan said:

What are you talking about stupid fucking retard. Not adhering to ideals when making games for middle class fat lazy virgin white assholes is the ultimate wrong. Get your facts straight.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Serious_Business said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
dagorkan said:

What are you talking about stupid fucking retard. Not adhering to ideals when making games for middle class fat lazy virgin white assholes is the ultimate wrong. Get your facts straight.

Can somebody translate this from his to english?

Ausir

Arcane
dagorkan said:
The demo can be bought
Okay. :idea:

For the price of the newspaper - 1.5 zloty, that's around $0.6.

The demo being added to a major Polish daily will definitely increase their coverage and number of potential buyers, just like adding it to the New York Times would.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Ausir said:
dagorkan said:
The demo can be bought
Okay. :idea:

For the price of the newspaper - 1.5 zloty, that's around $0.6.

The demo being added to a major Polish daily will definitely increase their coverage and number of potential buyers, just like adding it to the New York Times would.
There's nothing wrong with including demos with magazines, that's great and should happen more. The problem is when that conflicts with also releasing the demo on the internet for all those who can't get the magazine.

Obviously CDR did some deal with the magazine publisher, granting them the 'exclusive' right to distribute the demo (+magazine sales) in exchange for favors of whatever kind to CDR. If there wasn't a deal it would make a lot more sense to release the demo free on the internet to everybody, and not limit the positive effect of the demo on sales just to people who are able to buy a specific magazine.

Walkin' Dude

Liturgist
I am sure it is already available on you local P2P network. Since it is a demo, it is not piracy is it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom