Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Styrateg review

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
<a href="http://www.rakeingrass.com/">Rake in Grass</a> bring us a turn-based fantasy game which, though not oozing innovation from every byte, is quite entertaining and might be just what you need on a lazy afternoon.

Click here for the review

Calis

Pensionado
Forgot to link Elwro's review from here, fixed.

TheLostOne

Savant
Played this for about five minutes. It wasn't very fun.

This should really be on tacticular cancer.

Nedrah

Erudite
Why can't I see this on the frontpage?

Also, although it may have its strong strategic elements, as far as I could see so far, it does have strong enough rpg elements.

See, this is about reviewing an obscure title that you would probably never hear about otherwise, so don't be too harsh.

Amasius

Augur
Good review. The game looks kinda interesting but not enough to get it. I'd rather play Fantasy General or Battle for Wesnoth again.

Now I can skip a game without regret I otherwise wouldn't have heard about. Nice. :P

TheLostOne said:
This should really be on tacticular cancer.
Yeah, I agree, but better here than nowhere.

cardtrick

Arbiter
Great review. Absolutely no interest in playing the game, though, although the screenshots are very nice.

Elwro said:
But first, we need to choose whether we will be playing in an “RPG” or “Strategy mode”. The difference is that the first mode has... no turn limit in the missions.

Ha!

dragonfk

Erudite
Amasius said:
Good review. The game looks kinda interesting but not enough to get it. I'd rather play Fantasy General or Battle for Wesnoth again.

Battle of Wesnoth was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the screenshots and after reading the review I have a feeling BoW is a better game and moreover its free.

So Elwro have you played BoW and if so can you tell which one is better?

dragonfk

Erudite
Elwro said:
No, unfortunately I haven't played Battle of Wesnoth.

Then let me recommend you this fine gem of a game :) . After playing it I really started to believe that freeware games(the more complex ones-like strategies) can surpass comercial ones in terms of gameplay.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Thanks, I'll check it out sometime :D.

Anyway, when volunteering for Styrateg review I thought it'd have more RPG features. When it turned out differently, I still didn't want to have the feeling that the time spent on playing it was spent in vain, especially since the game seemed to be almost completely unknown.

Jack_Deth

Augur
Patron
Insert Title Here
Rake in Grass are also the guys behind Undercroft and the recent KingMania release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom