Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review AV Club quickie review of Mask of the Betrayer

Section8

Cipher
Tags: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer; Obsidian Entertainment

The AV Club, The Onion's more serious side has brought us a short but sweet <a href="http://www.avclub.com/content/games/neverwinter_nights_2_mask_of_the">review</a> of Mask of the Betrayer, the expansion pack for Neverwinter Nights 2 that was released sometime last year. The result is a concise write up, and a <b>B+</b> rating.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>The team at Obsidian includes key players behind what's arguably the greatest modern role-playing game, <i>Planescape: Torment</i>. While Mask Of The Betrayer doesn't measure up, it's rich with brainy dialogue, unconventional characters, and piles and piles of dead stuff.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Invoking Power Word: Torment is something not often seen in this day and age.
<br>
<br>
Thanks <b>crakkie</b> for the heads up.
<br>
<br>

afewhours

Scholar
Can't argue there. It's a fair, clear review that's better than a lot of the rubbish out there. A lot of the dedicated gaming sites could take some cues from this. 'tis certainly not bad for a site that focuses mainly on film/music/TV.

Are any AVClubbers following Nathan Rabin's "My Year of Flops"? It's bloody awesome. If you're not following it then have a look here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom