Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Interview with the Afterfall lead designer

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tags: Afterfall; Intoxicate Interactive

We got a hold of Maciej Prósi&#324;ski, lead designer of the Polish post-apoc indie RPG <A HREF="http://www.afterfall.pl/index/en/25" target="_blank">Afterfall</A>, and asked him a few questions on it. Here's a bit on solutions to quests to make your mouth water:
<br>
<blockquote>Quests will have many solutions, most of which will only be available to a player character with specific skills. Thanks to the plot bypasses you will often come upon completely alternative solutions, for example, to convince someone to help you, you will use acquaintance with some important characters. It is worth to mention that certain choices in performing a quest will bear various, sometimes long-term consequences. Some of the suggested paths may also prove to be dead-ends.
<br>
As for the endings, we have adapted for ourselves the brilliant, but for an unknown reason never repeated solution from Fallout – the modular epilogue. After finishing the game and watching the outro presenting the consequence of the path you have chosen, you will also be able to see the fate of the world and its individual locations which you have influenced by your actions or non-action.</blockquote>

Mayday

Augur
Holy shit.
Those are some good promises.
I've never heard of a game containing so many of my desires.
I wonder if they manage to pull it off well.

Morbus

Scholar
This could well be the second greatest RPG of all time, second only to age of decadence...

xantrius

Liturgist
I'm in love with the forces behind Afterfall ; their implementation of mutations and implants sounds especially alluring to me. Hope the game becomes a reality.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Damn, if they manage to pull out at least half of their promises it's gonna be a great RPG. I really keep my fingers crossed for this one.

Thanks for the interview Jarl!

Ander Vinz

Scholar
What, there are, like, interviews on codex?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom