Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News KotOR 3 from BioWare?

Ausir

Arcane
Tags: BioWare; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 3

<a href=http://www.ea.com>Electronic Arts</a> reveals in <a href=http://investor.ea.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=88189&p=irol-irhome>an analyst report</a> that, in addition to Dragon Age, PC version of Mass Effect and an unannounced MMORPG, the recently acquired <a href=http://www.bioware.com>BioWare</a> is working on a third Knights of the Old Republic title. <a href=http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/51314>A statement from EA</a> neither confirms, nor denies that KotOR 3 is in development.
<br>
<br>
It's not very surprising, as the Star Wars franchise likes trilogies. Still, looks like EA's strategy for BioWare, just like for its other studios, is churning out sequels to established movie-based franchises.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=92630">Eurogamer</A>. Cheers, <b>Lestat</b>!

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
EA just stated thet there is no " Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 3" so you can start crying...

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
I can only give you a link to a Polish site, they unfortunatly keep the links for themself.

here

Ausir

Arcane
I think they're just overinterpreting the statement I linked to above. EA doesn't really state that there won't be a KotOR 3, just that they aren't announcing it yet.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Ausir said:
I think they're just overinterpreting the statement I linked to above. EA doesn't really state that there won't be a KotOR 3, just that they aren't announcing it yet.

True, so what now? We wait?

dragonfk

Erudite
WhiskeyWolf said:
Ausir said:

No, we rally an armada of spaceships and invade Canada. :roll:

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
dragonfk said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
Ausir said:

No, we rally an armada of spaceships and invade Canada. :roll:
Can't we just nuke the whole God damn place, no wait... we would destroy KOTOR 3 but on the other hand we would eradicate EA's main fortress, hmm... decisions, decisions...

Walkin' Dude

Liturgist
WhiskeyWolf said:
Can't we just nuke the whole God damn place, no wait... we would destroy KOTOR 3 but on the other hand we would eradicate EA's main fortress, hmm... decisions, decisions...

Looks like a win-win to me.

Texas Red

Whiner
Bioware's projects:

Sonic RPG

Star Wars sequel

MMOG

Vapoware(shut up)

Add a dose of greedy bullshitting to all of them(couse they need to feed their families and they are fed up from the poverty they were forced to live in during the time of BG and NWN).

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Vapourware? I'll have to play that game when it comes out. It sounds unique.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hey TWD, you forgot Dragon's Age on your list; I can't wait for that one.

Hory

Erudite
Get in touch with Volourn, maybe you'll play together.

dragonfk

Erudite
Volourn said:
Vapourware? I'll have to play that game when it comes out. It sounds unique.

Yeah, it sounds pretty unique. What a pity we know almost nothing about it and there is no one willing to shed some light about it.

Hory said:
Get in touch with Volourn, maybe you'll play together.

Co-op ? :lol:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I should have written "But Age of Decadence isn't being developed by Bioware!" instead, in retrospect.

Gromnir

Liturgist
bioware making a kotor3 makes perfect sense... but it goes 'gainst everything biowarians has claimed were their chosen course and direction these past few years. possibly some folks were not 100% wrong when they predicted that the ea deal were akin to a star trek borg-style assimilation. 'course the fact that Gromnir has now made a star trek reference pretty much kills whatever credibility we got, no?

HA! Good Fun!

Fez

Erudite
Don't worry, you killed any credibility you had long ago. :P

I wonder if the problems of KOTOR 2 have anything to do with them choosing to make it themselves? A change due to EA's influence can't e discounted just yet either.

Gromnir

Liturgist
Fez said:
Don't worry, you killed any credibility you had long ago. :P

I wonder if the problems of KOTOR 2 have anything to do with them choosing to make it themselves? A change due to EA's influence can't e discounted just yet either.

with the set up offered, Gromnir were expecting... more. oh well, nothing like a codexian to fail to meet meager expectations.

as for your other comments, the ones related to kotor2... huh? obsidian made kotor2 and am not sure what problems you reference in any event. is pretty vague.

the bar is already set pretty low in this place. try not to further underwhelm.

HA! Good Fun!

Fez

Erudite
You aren't very gracious or good at spotting some friendly teasing are you? :?

You must be a riot at parties and social occasions.

Gromnir

Liturgist
Fez said:
You aren't very gracious or good at spotting some friendly teasing are you? :?

You must be a riot at parties and social occasions.

the smiley was noted... we simply chose to ignore. and so far as we can tell, there ain't no reason to be trying to schmooze the codexian crowd. at cocktail parties we impress those who can help us, socialize with friends and enemies, and think of ways to get so 'n so out of her little black dress. nobody here fits in the aforementioned categories.

regardless, am still not certain what your kotor2 comments referenced. please clarify... or not.

HA! Good Fun!

Fez

Erudite
I assure you that I look fabulous both in and out of a little black dress. Schmooze away.

My KOTOR 2 comments were related to the fact that it felt rushed and unfinished and there were a lot of complaints about that. I was wondering if them choosing to do it themselves this time was related to that (either to assure the fans or themselves it will be a polished product) or to the EA grinding that you mentioned earlier.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
You talk to a random encounter?
o_O.gif

Fez

Erudite
I decided to try the diplomat path this time around. You'd be surprised how much better it works than the fighter or thief paths. Don't get me started on the mage though, totally broken class despite all the hype and rumors. What a let down. :(

Gromnir

Liturgist
"I was wondering if them choosing to do it themselves this time was related to that (either to assure the fans or themselves it will be a polished product)"

am still not sure we understand. lucas arts were publisher for kotor and kotor2. bioware were developer of kotor. obsidian were developer o' kotor2. why would bio care if obsidian or lucas rushed kotor2... and what real say would they has in getting a chance to do kotor 3? bio already made their money off of kotor and success or failure o' kotor 2 got 0 impact on bio. is not as if bio has some personal stake in the kotor franchise. the franchise and license stuff is lucas'.

which brings up another point/question. ea is a publisher. lucas is a publisher. why would lucas give kotor3 rights to ea and if they hasn't, what kind of wacky deal would have bio (now owned by ea) developing a game that would then be published by lucas?

if this whole bit 'bout bio doing kotor3 turns out to be true, then there is some considerable unusualness going on at multiple levels. bio made a big stink 'bout how they didn't wanna work on licensed properties no more... heard that for a couple o' years, but now it seems that most new bio announced titles is licensed stuff. sonic and kotor? shift seems to have taken place pre-ea. were one stab at je enough to scare bio out of the deep end o' the pool? and as mentioned already, the odd bedfellows scenario at work to makes bio the developer for kotor 3 is just as strange.

am not particularly interested in playing a bio kotor 3... but the story behind kotor 3 is intriguing.

HA! Good Fun!

ps technically speaking, Gromnir is a level boss and not a random encounter.

cardtrick

Arbiter
Gromnir said:
ps technically speaking, Gromnir is a level boss and not a random encounter.

:D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom