Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Patch 1.32 for NWN

Ibbz

Augur
Tags: BioWare; Neverwinter Nights

<a href="http://www.bioware.com/" target="_blank">Bioware</a> have released <a href="http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch.html" target="_blank">patch 1.32</a> for NWN aswell as the associated SOU 1.32 patch. These include the various Linux/Mac versions. Here's the list of fixes for this version:
<br>
<blockquote>
<br>
<li>Made some fixes to prevent game/character/server hacking. Sorry, but we will never publically discuss specific changes to the game with regards to hacking the game
<br>
<li>Added some safety checks to the CD checking code. Hopefully this will prevent silly messages from Windows asking you to insert your NWN CD into your hard drive. Doing this might void your hard drive's warranty
<br>
<li>Fixed a server crash when the last two members of a party would leave the party at the same time
<br>
<li>Fixed a nasty frame rate killing bug - if you fired lots of missile weapons with some form of added damage (eg. fire) eventually your frame rate would slow to a crawl
<br>
<li>Made a fix to wounding
<br>
<li>Fixed some display issues in the internet multiplayer server list: older servers are not listed (some were being shown)newer servers are listed, but the Connect button is disabled. If you don't have the required expansion pack(s) for the listed server the Connect button is disabled
<br>
<li>Details page shows XP requirements in the version number slot (eg. "7041 + XP1 + XP2") and is highlighted in red if you don't meet the requirements</li></blockquote>
<br>
<br>
To obtain the patch, either use "Update" on the game menu or follow the guidelines <a href="http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch.html" target="_blank">here</a> to do it manually. Nice to see that Bioware is still supporting NWN even after all this time.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at <a href="http://nwvault.ign.com" target="_blank">NWVault</a>.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Ibbz said:
Hopefully this will prevent silly messages from Windows asking you to insert your NWN CD into your hard drive. Doing this might void your hard drive's warranty
Now that's a funny joke, actually. But I'm not sure - was it intended or they just treat their cutomers like morons?

Deathy

Liturgist
It's not really all that funny, because I can't picture anybody actually trying to do it.
The people who know what the hard drive actually is, generally know better to to try to make openings in it in order to insert.
The people who would blindly follow the instructions to insert a CD into the hard drive wouldn't even know what a hard drive is, save that it's something in their system unit, if even that.

Comedy score: 3/10

Oh and Ibbz, it is good to see a developer supporting a game so long after release, but it needs to be a good game before I'll start to give praise.

Ibbz

Augur
Oh and Ibbz, it is good to see a developer supporting a game so long after release, but it needs to be a good game before I'll start to give praise.
Hah. I certainly got my $100 worth out of it so i aint complaining.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom