Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Geneforge 2 is out!

Ibbz

Augur
Tags: Geneforge 2; Spiderweb Software

<a href="http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/geneforge2/index.html" target="_blank">Geneforge 2</a> has just been released! If you've been living under a rock for the past 2 years, here's a description of it:
<br>
<blockquote>Geneforge 2 is a fantasy role-playing epic with a science fiction twist. In Geneforge 2, you explore a huge world, choose which side you will fight for, and make your own horde of completely obedient mutant monsters.
<br>
<br>
You are an apprentice Shaper. You are being given the power to create life and mold it to serve your own needs. The whole world fears and respects the Shapers. Your secrets are many, and your power is absolute.
<br>
<br>
If you need a servant, you have but to create it, and it will gladly die for you.
<br>
<br>
But when you and your teacher are sent on what seems to be a simple mission, things go horribly wrong. Monsters roam the countryside. Your allies turn on you. Your teacher disappears. And you find yourself in the middle of a conspiracy to use forbidden powers and overthrow Shaper rule.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
<b>YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!</b>
<br>
<br>
Get it from <a href="ftp://spidweb.biz/win/Geneforge2Demo.exe" target="_blank">here</a>. {More mirrors can be found at the site}
<br>
<br>
Thanks to Kyote for the news.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
"True happiness will never be yours unless you rise up with us. Join the 10% with the lead pipes. Help save the world through random, messy violence, and then wallow in carnal pleasure among the ruins." -Jeff Vogel

Psilon

Erudite
The game's definitely a worthy sequel, though definitely on the hard side compared to the first one. Trust a beta tester. Spazmo, what do you think of the game?

Deathy

Liturgist
I have to say, that, although it is a very good game, it just isn't the same as the original.

wizard

Liturgist
Psilon said:
The game's definitely a worthy sequel, though definitely on the hard side compared to the first one. Trust a beta tester.

Yep, I noticed that it was way harder with Shaper than first but thankfully not hard enough to beat me! :)

And I must say this game beats the first one easily!!! I love GF2!! Only bad thing is that the demo was way to small; I've already done everything in it

Peacedog

Novice
Guardians would be advised to invest early and often in Parry. You might feel like a raging wuss for awhile, and Parry will save your @ss repeatedly.

have to say, that, although it is a very good game, it just isn't the same as the original.

There are less of the minor scripted events that resulted from continued cannister use and even the potential useage of the you know what. But then that makes complete sense in this game, from an in game standpoint. I felt like the first game did slightly better regarding your joining a faction and how the other two factions treated you after.

Psilon

Erudite
That's partly because there aren't nearly as many canisters lying about. You learn abilities in the early game primarily from books and conversations.

Peacedog

Novice
That's partly because there aren't nearly as many canisters lying about. You learn abilities in the early game primarily from books and conversations[./quote]

Hence my comment:

"It makes sense. . .from an in game standpoint".

Ibbz

Augur
And I must say this game beats the first one easily!!! I love GF2!! Only bad thing is that the demo was way to small; I've already done everything in it
Considering you get 21 out of the 80 or so areas, i'd say its a pretty good demo. {Especially considering the length of some of the other demo's out there.}

Deathy

Liturgist
I'm pretty much finished the demo. My three Clawbugs (Clacks, Snapper and Clawtron) are having a great time. Cut through most things on their own, using me only for support, and even then, I don't do that much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom