Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Not Really In A Dungeon Psychopath

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Dungeon Hero

<a href="http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=193924">Compoota and Video Games have explored the depths of Dungeon Hero</a>. Watch now as I copy-paste:
<br>
<blockquote> Ask them to name one thing they hate about the fantasy genre as it stands, and they'll wheel out the same response with bristling enthusiasm.
<br>
<br>
"Personally I'm a big fan of Dungeon Master on the Atari," reminisces Bradbury, "and then following on from that, Dungeon Keeper. But in my mind things have sort of stayed the same since: you go into a room and objects have been plonked in there, it's very Tolkeinesque, there's wolves in that room and a giant spider in this room and two trolls over there. We want to do a game that moves things on."
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
"If you spend your skill points on a headbutt," states Bradbury with pride, "you'll be headbutting goblins in your next fight."</blockquote>
<br>
They moved on all right. There's more talk of Goblin's getting carried away in stretcher's and mentions of lack-lustre combat. On the bright side, the game has about a year of development left to go.
<br>
<br>
Spotted @ <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com">GameBanshee</a>

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom