Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Risen Announced

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Piranha Bytes

Hot on the heels of their slightly disturbing <a href="http://www.deepsilver.com/en/header/news/newsdetails/article/deep-silver-and-game-life-announce-the-release-of-baby-life.html?tx_ttnews%5BpS%5D=1218030498&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=13&cHash=ba9523d014">Baby Life</a> announcement, Deep Silver has <a href="http://www.deepsilver.com/en/header/news/newsdetails/article/risen-the-new-video-game-by-piranha-bytes.html">revealed</a> the title of <a href="http://www.piranha-bytes.com/">Piranha Bytes'</a> next RPG: <b><a href="http://risen.deepsilver.com/">Risen</a></b>.
<br>
<blockquote>Deep Silver, the video game label of Koch Media, a leading producer and distributor of di-gital entertainment products, and the Piranha Bytes team announce the name of their joint role-play project: Risen.
<br>
<br>
With Risen, Piranha Bytes introduces a fresh, new setting. The game’s protagonist is ship-wrecked after a storm and finds himself on a mysterious island. An active volcano domi-nates the scene. Ancient temple ruins recently have risen from the ground, and bizarre creatures infest the island.
<br>
<br>
"Piranha Bytes have already proven their enormous talent for creating both enthralling and profound role-playing worlds. With Risen, the team presents a new exciting scenario providing a great variety of adventures, which will keep players glued in front of their monitors– like before." says Dr. Klemens Kundratitz, Managing Director of Koch Media.
<br>
<br>
Further information about Risen will be presented at the Games Convention.</blockquote>
<br>
In other words, enjoy another countdown.

Texas Red

Whiner
Risen ancient temple? Ancient evil wanting to take over the world?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No ancient evil yet, and I hope there won't be one. Just creatures wanting to eat the player. That would be enough.

mondblut

Arcane
Mysterious volcano... Active volcano... Ancient temples... Bizarre creatures...

Can you spell "Morrowind"?

Shannow

Waster of Time
moarovwynnt...I tried, I failed. The lesson is, never try.

Anybody else dislike the Risen font? *g*

Data4

Arcane
Or Morrowindl, a creation of Terry Brooks from years ago, seen in The Elfstones of Shannara. Oddly enough, it was a volcanic isle occupied by a certain race of elves.

Just discovered this recently and thought it was interesting.

-D4

Bradylama

Arcane
With Risen, Piranha Bytes introduces a fresh, new setting. The game’s protagonist is ship-wrecked after a storm and finds himself on a mysterious island.

izzat so?

Fez

Erudite
Another boring countdown. Great job, guys. Just what I wanted to see after an announcement.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
They could also make the protagonist amnesiac , to make it even more fresh

LCJr.

Erudite
Hot on the heels of their slightly disturbing Baby Life announcement

Preparing the next generation for genetic engineering I see. Gattaca! Gattaca!

baby arm said:
With Risen, Piranha Bytes introduces a fresh, new setting.

A generic one-word ambiguous title? It looks like the "fresh new setting" is off to a great start.

The game’s protagonist is ship-wrecked after a storm

Daggerfall.
Link's Awakening.
Most FPS games have a variant of this.

and finds himself on a mysterious island.

Roughly 76% of all games.

An active volcano domi-nates the scene.

Morrowind.

Ancient temple ruins

Roughly 80% of all games.

bizarre creatures infest

Roughly 99.99% of all games.

With Risen, the team presents a new exciting scenario providing a great variety of adventures, which will keep players glued in front of their monitors– like before.

As opposed to "an old and boring scenario providing only a few similar dull adventures, which will make players want to destroy their monitors with a sledgehammer."

Further information about Risen will be presented at the Games Convention.

You've got to be a top dog before people start caring about the mere concept of a new game from your company. This, Pirahna Bytes, is an epic fail.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom