Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review GamesDomain also loves HOTU

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark

<a href=http://www.gamesdomain.com>GamesDomain</a> are serving up some piping hot <a href=http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/zones/reviews/pc/dec03/NwN.html>Hordes of the Underdark reviewage</a>. HOTU scores <b>4.5 dealies out of 5</b>.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>The story is simple. Waterdeep needs heroes. For decades, the city has pretty much ignored the vast deathtrap dungeon (built by a mad archmage, naturally) lurking below the surface because, while adventurers and heroes might go in, nothing bad ever comes out. The problem is that now things are coming out all of a sudden. Bad things. The city is under siege from below and it looks like the Drow are responsible. The question is: is the mad archmage working with them? Or have they found a way around him?</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
I can't wait to read about how you can get Halaster Blackcloak, Mad Mage of Undermountain, to join the party, then change sexes somehow and then romance you.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at <a href="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blues News</a>.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I wish that woud happen. Sadly, doesn't seem likely...

suibhne

Erudite
Volourn said:
I wish that wouhd happen. Sadly, doesn't seem likely...

Really? Sex change and all?

Your character is really acquiring more depth for me in my second run-through. :shock:

Spazmo

Erudite
XJEDX said:
Is there a Bioware game that doesn't feature the drow and/or underdark?

Well, there's KotOR, but I see your point anyways: Bio tends to rely on the kewlness factor of the drow quite a bit. In their defense, the drow do make good villains, although Solaufien from BG2 was pretty fucking cheesy.

Voss

Erudite
Not anymore.
The drow have gone from somewhat interesting to dead horse, to raped and mutilitated dead horse. Its over, its done. They aren't even vaguely interesting anymore. The bondage/S&M elements were never terribly interesting, and the mildly interesting reversal of racism/sexism issues have been buried under the 'sexy evil power is the height of coolness'. Feh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom