Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Romanians review Fallout 3

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Fallout 3

There's a big, wordy, angry and detailed <a href="http://computergames.ro/en/games/viewitem/id/1002/name/fallout-3/section/review.html">review</a> of Bethesda's newest creation over at ComputerGames.ro. Here's a snippet:<blockquote> Maybe I’m overanalyzing here, but <b>in the first two games</b> <em>(emphasis mine - Elwro)</em> we had the perfect picture of a group of grotesque individuals who did their best to survive, while Fallout 3 brings about a massive equalitarian movement on their part. I don’t know about others, but a couple of retorts made me see the whole thing as a tad ridiculous. Obviously, we couldn’t have the Super Mutants excluded from this little party. So they’re back, stronger and more senile, being created in a Vault (surprise!!!).
<br>
<br>
Another major stray away from the concept of the original series is represented by the population’s make-up – the Capital Wasteland has a very high amount of mobs, creeps, whatever you wanna call them. Way too many compared to the characters you can actually interact with using something else than, as a character in-game remarks at one point, “shotgun diplomacy”.
<br>
<br>
But we’ve got some new groups as well – a gang of cannibals scraping the subway lines in an underground complex named after our very own Mere&#351;ti, a thriving community taking shelter on a beached aircraft carrier and even some religious fanatics sounding like any Sunday Scientologist, mixed with some principles we normally learn in 6th grade Physics class.</blockquote>This is all true, but remember that Fallout 2 also included things like Hubologists. Compared to Fallout 1, yes, Fallout 3 does look silly sometimes.
<br>
<br>
The whole thing is <a href="http://computergames.ro/en/games/viewitem/id/1002/name/fallout-3/section/review.html">here</a> - a long and interesting read.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Bossman</b> and <b>Shannow</b>!
<br>

ricolikesrice

Arcane

nice to read an actual review of a game instead of an advertisement.

pretty much sums up my feelings with fallout 3 and while scores dont mean much.... 7/10 is basically exactly what i d give to fallout 3.

as far as i remember this site also had a really good MOTB review so i ll keep an eye on it.

....oh wait, they gave bioshock 94% .... ah well, nobodies perfect ^^

Marsal

Arcane
Random Romanian dude > Chefe and his "English degree"

Can we get that guy to do Codex reviews in the future? DU make it happen! Trade KC if you must!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Darth Roxor said:
tanjo said:
That was a good review.

I say we put it on the site instead of Chefe's.

You do know that Chefe's review isn't the only "official" Codex review, do you? I mean, he's not even a staff member. Someone else is working on a FO3 review, too.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Obviously, we couldn’t have the Super Mutants excluded from this little party. So they’re back, stronger and more senile, being created in a Vault (surprise!!!)

Well thanks for spoiling the fucking game.

vrok

Liturgist
Not his fault if you're stupid. Not his fault that Bethesda is stupid either.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Marsal said:
Random Romanian dude > Chefe and his "English degree"

Can we get that guy to do Codex reviews in the future? DU make it happen! Trade KC if you must!

made

Arcane
Sadly, most lines in the game are utterly embarrassing. Skipping over the oceans of dialogues that seem to represent the conversation between a bar of soap and a person unfortunate enough to suffer from Down syndrome, ironically, the juiciest lines when it comes to unintentional humor are the speech options given by high Intelligence. The remarks you may choose vary from repeating the previous line using different terms, to the most ridiculous and stupid conclusions anyone with an IQ made out of more than two digits can come to.
To me, Fallout 3 is Bethesda's best game yet, but it's got more holes than a sinking ship. It's a perfect symbol for contemporary games: oversimplified, too accessible and way too commercial. The clever, edgy dialogues are gone, along with the complex relationships and the depth of the game world, replaced by a flawed visual feast, generic conversations and a gameplay fit for the masses.

:salute:

Shannow

Waster of Time
DefJam101 said:
That was actually... pretty good.

Who is this guy?
Zuluf said:
:uberblush:
*Vorrauseilender Gehorsam*

Must confess that I didn't read the whole review since I'm already playing FO3. But judging from the 4-5 paragraphs I have read, it is spot on. Nice work.

dragonfk

Erudite
Great review.

Also.

Who is this guy and why isnt he posting on the Codex already?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Horrible review. WAA! WAA! FO3 isn't FO1. BOO FUCKIN' HOO!

Zuluf

Scholar
NO U

err, I meant

Nah, I was actually BAWWWING about it being a bad RPG and just "DOING IT WRONG" when it's been done somewhat (I'd say A LOT, but then people will start calling me a venomous fanboy again) better 11 years ago by people who couldn't afford to buy a small country.

I tried to take all factors into consideration when writing that wall of text, not just Fallout 1. Those factors being budget, portfolio, my modest knowledge of game production, Bethesda's sneak peaks, announcements and promises, and a few other things I can't be arsed to remember right now.But you can't blame me for comparing a game called FALLOUT 3 to a game called FALLOUT, can you?

I do appreciate the input though, and I'd love to read an eloquent argumentation of why you consider my review to be suckage. Seriously, no taunting here, it would help future texts improve in quality as long as I understood what's wrong with it.

In before I am not butthurt.

Wait. Are you trolling?

Chefe

Erudite
Asking Volourn for an articulate argument would be like asking a Gorilla to drive a car. Sure, it is technically possible, but highly improbable.

The review was the best Fallout 3 review by far, no doubt. I only have two real complaints. It was a little long and went too in-depth in a few parts. I was suprised how you didn't go into the SPECIAL acronym being nothing more than a face for the real underlying system in attempt to make it more "Fallout-like." The classic system is based on tactical turn based combat. There's nothing SPECIAL about throwing in a targeting mode amist real time shooting.

"Bethesda-created-Fallout-spin-off, you may have set the world on fire, but you didn’t manage to start a flame in my heart."

Gold.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"But you can't blame me for comparing a game called FALLOUT 3 to a game called FALLOUT, can you?"

Actually, I can. It's only common sense that Betehsda's FO3 would be different than Interplay's FO1 &FO2. Duh. Only thing that matters is if FO3 is a good game.

"do appreciate the input though, and I'd love to read an eloquent argumentation of why you consider my review to be suckage. Seriously, no taunting here, it would help future texts improve in quality as long as I understood what's wrong with it."

I will if you agree to pay me. Otherwise, I'm not going to do your work and edit your review for free.

Bottom line is it comes across as just another FO fanatic whining that FO3 isn't FO1. That helps NOBODY decide whetehr the game is good because it's only logical that FO3 would not be FO1.

Budget should be irrelevant. A game's quality shouldn't be jduged on a studio's budfer, portfolio, 'promises' (l0l), and whatever ludicrous shit.

The only question that should matter is if the game is good or not. I don't care if it costs $100,000 or $1,000,000 to make a game as long as it is good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom