Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Go work at Obsidian on the Aliens RPG

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment

<a href="http://www.obsidianent.com/jobs.html">Obsidian are looking for staff</a> for their upcoming Aliens console explosions RPG:
<br>
<blockquote><b>Senior Engine Programmer</b>: Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented senior programmer for our upcoming console RPG based on the Aliens universe. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, excellent problem solving skills, has the ability to deliver on time and work well in a team environment.
<br>
<br>
- An avid gamer with a passion for making games
<br>
- 3+ years of experience with at least two shipped products
<br>
- Proficiency in C/C++ and Microsoft Visual Studio
<br>
- Working knowledge of Direct3D or OpenGL is a plus
<br>
- Experience in cross-platform development, AI, physics, animation or network programming is a plus
<br>
<br>
<b>Senior Graphics Programmer</b>: Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented senior graphics programmer for our upcoming Aliens console RPG. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, excellent problem solving skills, has the ability to deliver on time and work well in a team environment.
<br>
<br>
- Console programming experience
<br>
- OpenGL or Direct3D experience
<br>
- Experience authoring shaders
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
By strong work ethic, I assume they mean "will work long hours for soft drink" as per the industry standard. They're also <a href="http://www.obsidianent.com/jobs/art/lead.html">looking for a Lead Artist</a> for their other upcoming as yet undisclosed RPG.
<br>
<br>
Spotted @ <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com">RPGWatch</a>

Andhaira

Arcane
Obsidian's spy rpg actualy sounds rather sweet. I can't wait to play it! (yay for bullet storm!) Dunno about the aliens rpg...it would have been cool if we got to play as a predator though.

But whats this 3rd rpg? How can they be working on three games in a row along with console ports? Even bioware doesn't have that much resources.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
I am giving Obsidian the benefit of the doubt, both on their spy game, and on their Aliens RPG. At least it's not standard fantasy.

Hurrrrr....INNOVASION GOOD!!!

Andhaira

Arcane
Guy's, whats the third game from Obsidian? Anyone know anything, or did DU make a typo in his post?

winterraptor

Cipher
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Kiree said:
Ah, screw this.

Indies are our only hope for good CRPGs now.

Yeah, because we have so many good examples of kick-ass indie CRPGs already, like

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
I was actually cautiously optimistic about this Alien game, but they refer to it as a "console" game? I thought it would at least be cross-platform. Hopefully that's actually what "console" means. If not ... then good luck to them I guess. :shrug:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"But whats this 3rd rpg? How can they be working on three games in a row along with console ports? Even bioware doesn't have that much resources."

WuT?!?

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Ion Flux said:
I was actually cautiously optimistic about this Alien game, but they refer to it as a "console" game? I thought it would at least be cross-platform.
It is.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Ion Flux said:
Dicksmoker said:
Ion Flux said:
I was actually cautiously optimistic about this Alien game, but they refer to it as a "console" game? I thought it would at least be cross-platform.
It is.

I figured as much, but why no PC love in the ad? I hate this crap.
Well, considering that a good chunk of the Obsidian crew are PC vets...

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
stop whining u twats, there must be one nerd on this forum who can program. No go APPLY and FIX our RPG's.

Btw if i find one bug on the next RPG release of Obsidian, I WILL KILL YOU

Wyrmlord

Arcane
winterraptor said:
Kiree said:
Ah, screw this.

Indies are our only hope for good CRPGs now.

Yeah, because we have so many good examples of kick-ass indie CRPGs already, like

Have you heard of Tom motherfucking Proudfoot? Creator of motherfucking Natuk, for god's sake.

That man knows his RPGs. He is not some Jeff Vogel.

Andhaira

Arcane
Eschalon is the best indie crpg produced to date.

Now, what is teh third game obsidian is woking on?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Ion Flux said:
Dicksmoker said:
Ion Flux said:
It is.

I figured as much, but why no PC love in the ad? I hate this crap.
Well, considering that a good chunk of the Obsidian crew are PC vets...

PC vets are in Blizzard now. Yes - including many ex-BIS devs.
Obsidian has mostly lazy people besides a few talented people that don't do anything there.
I mean:
SoZ - a dungeon crawl without dungeons at a fucking sword coast(tm)(c)(r) again with amateur-level writing
Alpha Protocol - Commander Shepard bangs chix and blows terrorists in Middle-East
Aliens RPG - another multiplatform that is already hyped as a "console RPG" - which in normal people's language means "third person shooter with gimmick stats"

Just WTF Obsidian?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom