Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Ultima 6 Progress: I’m lost! Help! My party is only level 3!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Ultima 6 Project

RGPWatch have a <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=116&ref=0&id=36">progress update on the Ultima 6 project</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>The Ultima 6 Project is nearing completion, and the scope of the project is such that we’re going to have to cut back on some non-critical items in order to be able to complete the game with our current resources. The final release will not have all the music or portraits completed. We are therefore asking the community to contribute portraits and music, and will host a site for them to be shared. Instructions on adding them to the game will be provided, along with the list of NPC’s needing portraits, and the areas needing music. In the meantime, any musicians or portrait artists who would like to join the team would be most welcome. We are also looking for play testers to help us find bugs so we can get rid of them.
<br>
<br>
The team is currently working madly to finish the Milestone 6 (M6) release, which is scheduled for the April time frame. Since the M5 release, the gargoyle lands and all the Britannia dungeons have been built, and the last three Gargoyle dungeons are in the process of being completed. The world is now huge, and a small preview of some of the new areas you’ll be able to explore is provided below.</blockquote>
<br>
Check it out to see some screens and find out what they've been up to.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Wow, I really hope this gets finished adn gets to a state as stable as Lazarus version 1.2 did, I loved that remake and this one looks great too.

Silellak

Cipher
Saxon1974 said:
Wow, I really hope this gets finished adn gets to a state as stable as Lazarus version 1.2 did, I loved that remake and this one looks great too.

Yeah, I'd love to see the Project Britannia framework catch on more. A true Ultima 9 re-imagining - by the fans - could work great with such an environment.

I doubt it will ever happen, but I can dream.

made

Arcane
Just scrap the music and save time. I'd probably play the amiga mods instead anyway. Unless it's of Lazarus quality, which I doubt.

denizsi

Arcane
Looks like shit. Any reason anyone would like to play a shitty remake over the original game?

Silellak

Cipher
made said:
Just scrap the music and save time. I'd probably play the amiga mods instead anyway. Unless it's of Lazarus quality, which I doubt.

It's a shame they're having such a trouble with the score, because the Lazarus music was, I think, the best Ultima soundtrack ever.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
denizsi said:
Looks like shit. Any reason anyone would like to play a shitty remake over the original game?
I still don't understand why they choose the Siege engine.

made

Arcane
Well, Lazarus looked decent enough where they used original DS graphics. Custom art assets, on the other hand, looked abyssmal in some cases. Character portraits, however, were generally pretty, though they were mostly photoshopped pics of RL people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom