Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Dot 2003: The most anticipated RPG

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Arkane Studios; Arx Fatalis 2

According to the latest 2003 awards poll at <a href=http://www.rpgdot.com>RPG Dot</a>, the <a href=http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=851>most anticipated game</a> of 2004 is <b>Arx Fatalis 2</b>. Hmm, I didn't think that many people liked the original, but I guess I was wrong. I'm waiting for <b>Bloodlines</b> which is the first runner up
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>White Wolf's Vampire RPG system will be brought to a PC RPG for the second time now. After Nihilistic's Redemption in 2000, Troika is developing an Action-RPG for Activision scheduled for release later in 2004.
<br>
Unlike Redemption, which spans over several hundred years with 4 major locations, Bloodlines will take place in our modern days in Los Angeles only. Technically, it will make use of the Half Life 2 engine and first screenshots look just stunning.
<br>
<u>With RPG veterans Troika, the Vampire license, the Half Life 2 engine and a strong publisher like Activision this is certainly a game to watch out for in 2004</u>.</blockquote>
<br>
Huh? Oh, right, you wanna know about Arx Fatalis, here you go and sorry for pimping Bloodlines :)
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>The few flaws of Arx Fatalis should now be fixed in Arx Fatalis 2, which plays before the original Arx Fatalis and also offers un upper world. Now all to do is to wish Arkane Studios to get a good publisher and to hope the game makes it in 2004.</blockquote>
<br>
There you go, it had flaws that may or may not be fixed. Meh

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Agree on SS, but it's almost here (EB says Jan 20), so it's hard to think of it as anticipated. The wait is almost over, so it's time to choose a new champion, tri

DIPthong

Novice
Why you people don't order SS from gogamer baffles me...I've had the game for months now and I'm a U.S.'er...

Anonymous

I personally look forward to Arx2 on the whole 'getting the flaws fixed' thing too, but mainly because the first game had a great potential but I did have them flaws. From what i've read elsewhere, Arkane picked up on those flaws and fixed them. Now I just wanna see if it turns out to be Goodness or Suckdom.

And I really hope the rumour about the System Shock 2: Rebirth guy getting hired by them is fake. Those were some ugly models in Rebirth (especially the cyborg Assassin)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I'm only anticipating my regular list of sports games. No rping must haves that I've seen for this year..

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Arx needed better combat. I outlined this in my review of the game. I'm hoping they go with a more interactive, Gothic2-esque route instead of the Morrowind combat they had.

ecliptic

Liturgist
I've accepted Looking Glass Combat in otherwise good games. I can't think of a game that pulled off first person close range combat well. No, Witchaven doesn't count.

Forward, whack [with wrench, spade, sword,axe], back, charge, forward, whack, back, charge . . . . .

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
i'm with walks. this year looks to be just as lame as this past year was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom