Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout Week on Good Old Games

Tags: Fallout

Coinciding with the announcement of New Vegas, Good Old Games is doing a <a href="http://af.gog.com/en/page/fallout_promo?as=1649904300">Fallout Week promotion</a>, offering the classic Fallout titles, and Tactics, at reduced prices and bundled with additional content.<blockquote>We're starting with a big bang giving all GOG.com users a chance to complete their classic Fallout collection 20% cheaper. Now, everyone can get Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics for a low price of $14.37! If you already have one of the Fallout games you can get the other two for $9.58 and if you have two Fallout games on your GOG.com account you can grab the remaining one for only $4.79. Check out the <a href="http://af.gog.com/en/page/fallout_promo?as=1649904300">Fallout promo page.</a></blockquote>So if you want to find out what all the buzz is about, now is as good a chance as any. They're also doing some editorials and other pieces throughout the week.<blockquote>But that's not all. We're also posting the first out of two retrospective articles that take you behind-the-scenes of the development process of this great RPG series. Take a journey back in time with the author David Craddock and former Black Isle Studios members Tim Cain and Chris Taylor. Check out the article <a href="http://af.gog.com/en/editorial/editorial_fallout?as=1649904300">here</a>.
<br>

<br>
We have more things to come this week, like exclusive new bonus materials, the second part of the retrospective, the best Fallout mods spotlight and more. Every Fallout fan and every Good Old Games fan will find something interesting for themselves.</blockquote>Note: the promotion ends on Monday, April 27 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. If you do decided to buy something from this promotion, check it out <a href="http://af.gog.com/en/page/fallout_promo?as=1649904300">via our links</a>, they are affiliate links for the Codex.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Article was a good read. That mentioning of the dog quest in Wasteland brought back a lot of good memories. Think I might go replay that game soon.

I registered and bought the bundle using the link. Is there a way the codex can get a share of the loot from any future purchases I make?

Fyz

Scholar
Are bugs related to new systems fixed in the GoG version?
Like travel being too fast in FO2.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
stuffed mickey, we should get a share off everything you buy in the next year I believe. That's the theory anyway, we don't really have any way of checking individually. To be on the safe side, I'd still use Codex links to GOG.

Apparently, the GOG version supports mods. Any reccomendations for a first, proper playthrough?

Ausir

Arcane
Definitely killap's FO2 unofficial patch. I wouldn't use the FO2 Restoration Project on your first playthrough, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom