Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Feats of Frayed Knights

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Frayed Knights

Jay Barnson has been plugging away at <b><a href="http://www.rampantgames.com/frayedknights/" target="blank">Frayed Knights</a></b> and providing updates. Here's the <a href="http://www.rampantgames.com/blog/2009/04/frayed-knights-speedy-feats.html" target="blank">most recent</a> (posted nearly a week later in typical Codex fashion):
<br>
<blockquote>Another thing I have had to do is add a bunch of higher-level feats for the party (and their enemies). While they aren't all fully implemented yet, here's a subset of a bunch of new special abilities characters can acquire as they level up. Right now, I have a "default" level-up list for the four main characters from this list to speed things up, but the player will have a choice of an attribute raise or a new "feat" every level:
<br>
<br>
Lunge: Character can make extended-reach attacks with fewer penalties
<br>
Rank Smack: Character can attack an entire rank at once with a melee weapon
<br>
Guard: Character can protect one other character. Sometimes.
<br>
Counter: Character has a chance of immediately counter-attacking on a missed melee attack against them.
<br>
Hangfire Reaction: Character has a better chance of dodging a trap on a failed disarm.
<br>
Spell Homing: Single-target spells more likely to hit.
<br>
Healer At Heart: Character's healing spells are more effective.
<br>
Spell Volley: Spells can be repeated in less time.
<br>
Counterspell: Character can attempt to cancel inbound enemy spells.
<br>
Improved Counterspell: Character is very impressive with countering enemy spells.
<br>
Spell Reflection: Character has a chance of reversing countered spells back upon the original caster.
<br>
<br>
I probably need to come up with more amusing names for all of 'em. I like "Rank Smack," but it's hard to figure out what it really does. Maybe "Multi-Smack" would work better. I also need more "active" feats. Getting a bonus under a certain circumstance is all well and good, but again - the fun factor comes from being able to do something new. And cool. Maybe I should just name the feats, "Do Something Cool 1" and "Do Something Cool 2" and so on...</blockquote>

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Meh.

The blurb about the characters still puts me off from this game.

Jason

chasing a bee
I'll take a wild guess that he means this:
A dainty elvin warrior with an inferiority complex and a hot temper.

A thrill-junky rogue who considers defying death the best alternative to boredom.

A cute but scatterbrained sorceress with destructive tendencies.

A tree-hugging nature-priest who wonders why everyone can't just get along.

Together, they are going to save a kingdom from destruction...

...if they don't kill each other first.

It does sound a bit like a bad sitcom or straight-to-VHS movie.

RampantCoyote

Novice
Ah, well, that was sorta the intent. :)

One day, someone will ask, "How did you become known as the 'Ed Wood' of video games?" And I will sigh and point here to this archived thread.

Apathy

Novice
I already said this in the feedback I sent you after playing the demo, but it just isn't funny. Get Leslie Nielson, parodies aren't funny without him.

RampantCoyote

Novice
We'll keep trying, but the current restraining order he has against us isn't due to expire until late next year.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom