Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview A few words with Michal Kicinski, Co-Founder of CD Projekt

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Michal Kicinski; Witcher, The

<p>Some months ago (before CD Projekt were rumoured to be facing imminent doom), we asked Michal Kicinski, Co-Founder of CD Projekt a few questions about RPGs, hype and what Cd Projekt were up to. A few months later and with issues of timing and translating Polish out of the way, <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=189">here it is</a>:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;">Lastly, I'd like to send greetings from the CD Projekt team to the Codex community. There's no denying you are very demanding, but these demands are seldom baseless. Even though we do not post here very actively, we often browse the Codex, trying to draw conclusions from the discussions here and amend our projects if we decide it's needed. Of course, substantial points are the most useful; but reading some hearty bitching and creative invective-hurling is an interesting diversion :)</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Oh I'm sorry, did you want me to quote something more interesting? You'll have to <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=189">read the interview for that</a>.</p>

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
We didn't want the vision of the game to be in any way distorted or damped. An odd example of that occured during a conversation with a publisher who said that on account of their market research players overall want their protagonist to be an elfish woman and that if we had changed The Witcher accordingly they would have considered negotiating a contract

the cut and shortened English dialogues - something that was advised by „experts" of the western markets

TB combat has one huge advantage: it gives a lot of tactical possibilities and the outcome depends entirely on intellectual effort. For a lot of players, and that's the drawback, it might look too statistical and play out too slowly though, which is far from realistic.

facepalm2.jpg

this became one of my favourite images lately

Tak samo jak większość graczy mierzi nas wszechobecna wtórność, liczne produkcje kładące główny nacisk na grafikę i niewiele więcej

r00fles. I found that before you could ninja-edit, DU

Anyway, a good interview.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom