Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview And there be dragons!

Monolith

Prophet
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

Hold your breath, the time has come, <a href="http://www.1up.com">1UP</a> has put up a <a href="http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/25013">Dragon Battle Trailer</a>, showing off how fighting Dragons in <a href="http://dragonage.bioware.com/">Dragon Age</a> might look like. One hostile dragon, a party of four, and 4 minutes of bordom. Looks awful to me. Bland combat without the last hint of tactics, with all of the characters just standing by and hacking/throwing ice bolts at that-smaller-than-I-thought-it-to-be red lizard. Strongly reminiscent of NWN 2.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<a href="http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/25032">Here's</a> a video showing parts of the above while having BioWare's Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk talking about Dragon Age.
<br>
<br>
<b>Watch out</b> though, in order to watch the videos you have to pass an intelligence test.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com">Gamebanshee</a>

[Strenght] HULK SMASH SCREEN

[Perception] That looks like NWN 2

[Endurance] *watches through both videos*

[Charisma] C,mon, don't you want to play it already? I know you want to.

[Intelligence] So they are fighting dragons with their weapons.

[Agility] *quiclky closes the browser window*

[Luck] "The video you are trying to watch is currently unavailable"

vrok

Liturgist
You were expecting an encounter with a single monster to involve tactics? Can't remember the last time I experienced something like that, if ever, in an RT RPG. Unless you consider proper buffs to be tactics of course.

Anyway, it definitely looks good enough to pirate! Have to admit though that I'm a bit skeptic that getting chewed up by a dragon apparently isn't fatal.

Balor

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:

Gold! :D

Balor

Arcane
vrok said:
You were expecting an encounter with a single monster to involve tactics? Can't remember the last time I experienced something like that, if ever, in an RT RPG. Unless you consider proper buffs to be tactics of course.

Anyway, it definitely looks good enough to pirate! Have to admit though that I'm a bit skeptic that getting chewed up by a dragon apparently isn't fatal.

Well, I know that mentioning WoW is blasphemy, but when it comes to boss battles, RPGs sure can borrow a thing or two from it.

vrok said:

It's just that the dragon was jumping around, and the heroes just sort of run after him and knife him more. Edit: Balor speaks the truth.

'tis just a flesh wound, milady. And everyone here will pirate it, even skyway. Masochism is the new shit. Actually I could even end up buying it

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Well, I see the are keeping the Ignore The Mage enemy AI.

And yea, that seemed just like the Dragon battle in NWN2.

Scalie lovers are obviously being screwed over in this game since there's no option to romance the dragon.

No... dragon romance... FFFFUUUUU-

Morbus

Scholar
Clockwork Knight said:

WIN! :D

Luzur

Good Sir
Clockwork Knight said:
^It's over, you fucking said it on the internet. It's a matter of time now. I hope you're fucking happy.I just hope they put in an attarctive vixen lady you can romance.

my guess is there will be some furry race somewhere ingame.

aries202

Erudite
Let me remind you that the characters probably were buffed up and maybe in godmode, too, in order for the party to win the fight. And the dragon is really a human shapeshifted into a dragon.

Luzur said:
Clockwork Knight said:
^It's over, you fucking said it on the internet. It's a matter of time now. I hope you're fucking happy.I just hope they put in an attarctive vixen lady you can romance.

my guess is there will be some furry race somewhere ingame.

Exit is the only option.

On the eve of destruction, in a forgotten page of
The hype of the previous interviews finally comes to light. The spider didn't distract the dragon while the hero grappled. The mage stupidly turned into a spider and walked right up to the dragon, hit it twice, then ran away on fire. The AI was appalling... unless that old dragon woman was suffering from dementia or something. She ignored the mage completely and despite having wings did not fly up in the air to avoid the war hammers to the kneecaps. If the dragon wasn't going to actually do anything that battle should have lasted half as long as it did, but it lasted too long, and so was boring. If you're going to hype tactics, and realism, and all those other next gen goodies, then god dammit bring it to the table. I'll sit through an uninspired and dull story if the combat is challenging.

At least the hits look like they hurt, for the players that is. The dragon was un-phased by war hammers to the kneecaps and electrocution.

I couldn't even sit through the interview video, because they had the demo playing at the same volume as the interview. Not to mention the reviewer was asking idiotic questions.

Clockwork Knight said:

:lol:

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
aries202 said:
Let me remind you that the characters probably were buffed up and maybe in godmode, too, in order for the party to win the fight. And the dragon is really a human shapeshifted into a dragon.

Notice how they turned off the UI for the whole fight, and turned it on when it was over? Yeah, god mode.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom