Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Retrospectacular

Tags: Black Isle Studios; Planescape: Torment

A fellow by the name of Matt Barton has created <a href="http://www.armchairarcade.com/neo/node/2784">a video looking back at Planescape: Torment</a>, with some footage and comentary.<blockquote>This week, I look at one of the lesser known but still excellent CRPGs of the "Platinum Age," the term I used in my book for the late 90s era of CRPGs. Planescape: Torment is one of Black Isle's best, based on the Infinity Engine. Black Isle had achieved fame before for their fabulous Fallout series, and their roots go back even deeper (as Interplay, which created Bard's Tale among others). Of course, they'd go on to create the party-based Icewind Dale series.
<br>
<br>
Enjoy the video! This one went smoothly. The only challenging part was getting the Fallout footage. For some reason, that program really hates FRAPS, and I'm not sure how else to record it. I had to run it in Dosbox, and that obviously led to its own set of problems. I guess that will preclude me from covering Fallout anytime soon.</blockquote>Check it out if you're in the mood for some nostalgia. Or if you're one of the few who still needs to play Torment and need a little convincing.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://gamebanshee.com/">Gamebanshee</A>

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
What's the point of doing a retrospective if you just barely touch on things?

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Too much

ce12810ae7a0d12a585f1210.L.jpg

Not enough

PC-NamelessOne.jpg

Weresloth

Novice
The intro clip to that game is still purely awesome. The music and the 1st part in the mortuary sets the mood perfectly for the game.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Stop picking on the guy's appearance. Even if Sylvester Stallone was narrating this video, he'd still be talking about Planescape Torment and we'd still know he's a nerd.

Lord Sudaca

Novice
He reviews video games, what do you expect him to look like, David Lee Roth? Also whats wrong with him being a nerd?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Lord Sudaca said:
He reviews video games, what do you expect him to look like, David Lee Roth? Also whats wrong with him being a nerd?

Did you even WATCH the video?

Lord Sudaca

Novice
Ok, you won.

His "friend" from Netherlands and stuff is a bit weirder than him.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
Blackadder said:
He loves Pool of Radiance (the original), so he can never really be that bad.
edit: also C64 full run input, Elite, Defender of the Crown.. he pretty much rocks for a stranger with stupid long hair.

Lord Sudaca said:

David Lee Roth is an ubernerd :wink: You can tell by the amount of girls he has in his videos. Non-geek rockstars don't need to pay women to surround them.

Edit: Oh, and I NEVER said there was anything wrong with being a nerd. It was more a statement of inclusiveness. It would have been the same thing had I gone 'ONE OF US! ONE OF US! GOOBOOGAGGLE GOOBOOGAGGLE! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!'

Data4

Arcane
Well, if he wasn't smiling like a fag the whole time...

I keed, I keed! Actually, he reminds me of the guy that first got me into AD&D. He was the DM, and he looked like a younger version of Barton, but had blond hair. Actually, he reminded me of Garth from Wayne's World. Had these suede, knee-high moccasins with fringe that were all the rage with headbangers back then and always had a Megadeth tshirt on. Dude was a fucking genius DM, though.

Lord Sudaca

Novice
Data4 said:
Well, if he wasn't smiling like a fag the whole time...

I keed, I keed! Actually, he reminds me of the guy that first got me into AD&D. He was the DM, and he looked like a younger version of Barton, but had blond hair. Actually, he reminded me of Garth from Wayne's World. Had these suede, knee-high moccasins with fringe that were all the rage with headbangers back then and always had a Megadeth tshirt on. Dude was a fucking genius DM, though.

That is so romantic

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
I just posted the guy's picture to imply that the video showed too much of the dude and not enough actual gameplay. Why the fuck to you guys care how he looks ?

And if nerds are offensive to your precious eyes, go to this thread instead, it is filled with playboys. :roll:

Zeus

Cipher
Lonely Vazdru said:
I just posted the guy's picture to imply that the video showed too much of the dude and not enough actual gameplay. Why the fuck to you guys care how he looks ?

And if nerds are offensive to your precious eyes, go to this thread instead, it is filled with playboys. :roll:

TPK.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom