Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Diablo 3 talk with Lichter and Leonard

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Diablo III

AusGamers talk with Leonard Boyarsky and Christian Lichter about <a href="http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/2784168">Monks and stuff in Diablo 3</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>Simple maths dictates that this means the Monk will use multiple-click attacks, with most combos based around three stages.
<br>
<br>
Leonard outlines how this will work; "So if you click three times in succession, some of them have three different things he does, some of them do two different things with more of a build-up, and you can mix and match. If you can switch skills really fast - this is where we get into the advanced playing skills - it's once again, the type of 'easy to learn, difficult to master' philosophy that we always try to bring to our game."
<br>
[...]
<br>
"We do have an eye towards the endgame play," Leonard explains. "We do have an eye towards replayability - we have the random quests - once you've played Diablo or Diablo 2 through once or twice, you've gotten all the content pretty much, in terms of quests. With our game, you'll have to play it a little bit more - to get that, we're going to have more layers to it so you can dig deeper. We are really addressing the endgame stuff so there's more interesting stuff to do."
<br>
[...]
<br>
"In a lot of ways, the art style improves through iterations. Like most of the things, we went through and sorted out what's working/what's not working. It's always about gameplay. Does it read well? Does it actually help what you're trying to accomplish? From an art point of view, it's always about being accessible.</blockquote>
<br>
End Note: Game is still years away from release.
<br>
<br>
Spotted @ <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com">GameBanshee</a>

WCG

Novice
"If you can switch skills really fast..." Ugh! That's all I needed to know about this game!

made

Arcane
Leonard outlines how this will work; "So if you click three times in succession, some of them have three different things he does, some of them do two different things with more of a build-up, and you can mix and match. If you can switch skills really fast - this is where we get into the advanced playing skills - it's once again, the type of 'easy to learn, difficult to master' philosophy that we always try to bring to our game."
Meh. This has CTS written all over it. What I liked about Titan Quest was that I could just hold down LMB to spam the assigned main attack and use RMB for secondary abilities with cooldowns etc.

Zyrxil

Scholar
What made people fall asleep about Titan Quest was that I could just hold down LMB to spam the assigned main attack and use RMB for secondary abilities with cooldowns etc.
That was 90% of Titan Quest. Almost every class had one ability you just put on LMB and used 100% of the time and a RMB Big Damage ability with a 30 second cooldown. Almost all the other skills were useless.

Ebola1717

Novice
Zyrxil said:
What made people fall asleep about Titan Quest was that I could just hold down LMB to spam the assigned main attack and use RMB for secondary abilities with cooldowns etc.
That was 90% of Titan Quest. Almost every class had one ability you just put on LMB and used 100% of the time and a RMB Big Damage ability with a 30 second cooldown. Almost all the other skills were useless.
I actually fell asleep playing Titan Quest once... But i didn't die somehow...
Though I came close in D2 as well.

WCG

Novice
Castanova said:
[And the word DIABLO in the title of the game didn't tip you off? Moron.

Heh, heh. I see the 12-year-olds are out here (or am I being too generous?). Well, I suppose when everyone picks on you at school, it's nice to be online, isn't it?

I don't know about the sequel, but I bought the original Diablo and played it awhile. Action games aren't my thing, true, but if that one had "combos" and multiple-click attacks (can't remember, at this point), they didn't seem to be necessary to play.

And I don't play anything for long, so I'm always looking for new games, even if they're not my usual preference.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
WCG said:
Castanova said:
[And the word DIABLO in the title of the game didn't tip you off? Moron.

Heh, heh. I see the 12-year-olds are out here (or am I being too generous?). Well, I suppose when everyone picks on you at school, it's nice to be online, isn't it?

I don't know about the sequel, but I bought the original Diablo and played it awhile. Action games aren't my thing, true, but if that one had "combos" and multiple-click attacks (can't remember, at this point), they didn't seem to be necessary to play.

And I don't play anything for long, so I'm always looking for new games, even if they're not my usual preference.

This is Diablo you click shit and they die, now that you are proprely informed perhaps you would like to admit that your previous comment was totally useless and that this distinguished gentleman was right to call bullshit on it

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
WCG said:
Combos are the monk's shtick. If you don't like them, pick another class.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The way they talk about 'end game' has unfortunate shades of WoW.

Selenti

Liturgist
Metro said:
The way they talk about 'end game' has unfortunate shades of WoW.

I'm guessing you never played Diablo 2 to end game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom