Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Sacred praised by EDBIS

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Sacred

<a href=http://www.edbis.com>EDBIS</a> posted a positive <a href=http://www.edbis.com/all/previews/2004/february/sacred_1.php>preview</a> of <a href=http://www.ascaron.com/d/sacred>Sacred</a>, which is, according to the reviewer, a <i>well done single-player RPG with excellent graphics</i>
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>With over thirty main missions and two hundred sidequests, Sacred offers plenty to do. NPCs who give main missions will look on you more kindly if you complete lots of sidequests. They can even join you as hirelings. If you’d rather play with real people, the game offers a multiplayer mode with support for up to sixteen players in one party at a time.
<br>
<br>
Whether alone or in a group, you’ll face plenty of opposition, from humans, monsters, the undead, and other things intent on killing you. You’ll have a trusty steed to help you through; mounted combat is included in the game. So is item creation; blacksmiths can create stronger weapons and armor using gems and magic items. The combat interface looks pretty simple. There are ten action slots: those on the left are for weapons and shields, and those on the right are for magic and special moves. </blockquote>
<br>
Finally! A game with mounted combat. It would also be cool to buy some armor for your horsie, but I doubt it's in the game.
<br>

<br>

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Just one strange thing... according to Encore's page of the game, one of the possibilities of horse riding is to fight... hand to hand :shock: How exactly is this?

Voss

Erudite
Kick 'em the teeth as you ride by?

Actually, they may just mean hand to hand in the sense of 'not ranged combat'.
Generic game terms + translation = slight confusion.

Or maybe you can kick them in the teeth.

Edit: checked the page- they also mention hand to hand in this part of the blurb:
Create your own custom combat combos – blending hand to hand, ranged combat, and spellcasting styles into specialized combat abilities.

They are just using it as 'not ranged' (and 'not spellcasting')

EEVIAC

Erudite
If you're a Necromancer, can you ride undead horses? I don't generally play magic-y types, but Skeletal Sea Biscuit sounds like fun.

I'm glad to hear they're extending the dolly-dress-ups to your equine companions. I want to get a headpiece for my horse with blades down the sides so I can ram into enemies.

Astromarine

Erudite
VD, I can't really say more. All I know is that playing the demo yesterday I could see several different (and magical) harnesses for the horsies. I don't even know if it shows in the model or not (though everything else does)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom