Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Bloodlines preview at GameSpot

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

The boys at <a href=http://www.troikagames.com>Troika</a> have let <a href="http://www.gamespot.com/pc">Gamespot PC</a> have a crack at <a href=http://www.vampirebloodlines.com>Vampire: Bloodlines</a>, the upcoming CRPG set in White Wolf's popular bloodsucking world.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>As we saw, a vampire of the Nosferatu clan seemed best suited to using a stealthy or an aggressive approach, since the monstrous-looking vampires would have had a hard time trying to talk their way past humans. The stealth solution to the mission involved sneaking around the back of the house to switch off the fuse box. When one of the thugs came out to switch it back on, Boyarsky snuck up from behind, grabbed him, and drained him of blood. The obfuscation discipline also came in handy--this powerful skill helps cloak your presence in darkness, and at its highest levels, it can render you almost completely invisible.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
There's also a refreshingly free video interview that GameSpot did with <b>Leon Boyarsky</b> you can watch. Read the whole shebang <a href=http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/vtmb/preview_6089715.html>here</a>.
<br>
<br>

Transcendent One

Liturgist
Everything sounds just darling except this:
It will be important to keep your humanity level high, because if it gets too low, your character may simply lose control and give in to his or her vampiric urges. When this happens, the game will switch to a third-person view, and you can only watch as your character grabs humans at random to feed on them
Thanks, but I want a game, not an interactive movie.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Greyhawk said:
It will be important to keep your humanity level high, because if it gets too low, your character may simply lose control and give in to his or her vampiric urges. When this happens, the game will switch to a third-person view, and you can only watch as your character grabs humans at random to feed on them

Thats not exactly the same. Its a consequence of your actions which makes you go berserk; its not like you'll be forced to watch it because of storyline dictates.

Transcendent One

Liturgist
Role-Player said:
Greyhawk said:

Thats not exactly the same. Its a consequence of your actions which makes you go berserk; its not like you'll be forced to watch it because of storyline dictates.
I know, but I don't want to just be playing the game the way I see fit and all of the sudden loose all control over my character then realize I haven't saved for half an hour. I hope they at least put in some kind of warning thing if your humanity level gets dangerously low.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
I just see it as a standard rule, myself. Kind of like being hunted by law enforcement if you went trigger happy on peasants in some town. Its not that i can't kill as i see fit, but there's a consequence; and here its a berserker rage. :)

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Naughty Spazmo! The Bloodlines link has no hyphen in it!

EEVIAC

Erudite
Look Spazmo - you can lure hobos into your house, offer them your nice comfy sofa, and then butcher them for easy packing away in tupperware! Its your dream game. Finally, a hobo-death-simulator to call your own.

Those graphics look amazing by the way.

Spazmo

Erudite
Piffle. That man is well groomed and wearing fancy shoes. Besides that, where's all the patches on his clothing? I expect my hobos to be hobo-ey.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I wouldn't say well groomed, but that man is no hobo, shady drifter at best...

EEVIAC

Erudite
Tsk, tsk - no imagination at all. He's lying down so you can't see the puke and food stains down the front of his jacket. I bet his pants reek of sour, rancid piss as well.

Spazmo

Erudite
I don't buy it. Where's the patchy beard? Where's the ratty old top hat? Where's Blackheart's bundle on a stick? I bet that man has never jumped onto a passing freight train in his life. J'ACCUSE!

Voss

Erudite
Spazmo said:
Piffle. That man is well groomed and wearing fancy shoes. Besides that, where's all the patches on his clothing? I expect my hobos to be hobo-ey.

Not in L.A. Knew one in a slightly mussed suit that would do magic tricks at outdoor restaurants for $.

Although, there was the one who rode the bus routes on a regular basis, complete with a *very* nasty set of festering sores, and insisted that he was the King of L.A., because he had bus passes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom