Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News KotOR is now officially 1.03

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: BioWare; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

If you're still playing <a href=http://www.swkotor.com>KotOR</a> and suffering from some bugs and other weird anomalies, grab the new 1.03 patch <a href=http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/KotOR.htm>here</a>. Here is a snipet:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Made a fix to the Force Point Regeneration item property so it actually regenerates Force points.
<br>
Fixed an issue where in some rare cases, the player would be killed while on the Leviathan.
<br>
Fixed an issue with Dantooine Pazaak occasionally breaking Suvam Tan on Yavin.
<br>
The Sand Person disguise will no longer be reset when entering Anchorhead and the Dockingbay.
<br>
Dead party members will no longer show up later in the game. What with them being dead and all.
<br>
Fixed the Hidden Bek Door (Security Station) to no longer display the 'Impossible' message.
<br>
Fixed a visual issue with Power Blast and using Dual Blasters where the off-hand blaster wasn't firing.
<br>
Fixed a problem which would cause dialogue to skip through without playing any VO.
<br>
Fixed a problem where you would get stuck at a black screen after a game load or an area transition.
<br>
Fixed a problem where the screensaver could activate during the playback of a movie.
<br>
Put in a symptomatic fix for your character's attributes being reset to all 8's.
<br>
Put in a symptomatic fix for party members getting stuck and not fighting.
<br>
Put in a symptomatic fix for losing force points when going through area transitions with Force Valor active.
<br>
Removed the +2 bonus to the offhand attack when wielding a balanced weapon in the offhand or when wielding a double bladed weapon.
<br>
Removed the ability to bind controls to the "Alt" key. The "Alt" key was never inteded to be a usable key in the first place. </blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPG Dot</A>

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
WOW! They wasted no time on getting the 3rd patch out. Too bad, I've moved on..

DemonKing

Arcane
I think that's the read-me for 1.02 though - I think 1.03 only fixed a couple of minor bugs.

Now if only we could get a second patch for TOEE then I'll give that another whirl.

XMark

Novice
Fixed an issue with Dantooine Pazaak occasionally breaking Suvam Tan on Yavin.

Yeah but they didn't fix the zargle blargle flamdoodling the hoochie coochie :)

DIPthong

Novice
Is this the patch that makes the game fun? :lol:
Nah, I'm kidding it was probably the best Star Wars based RPG I've ever played. ;-)

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Yep, no other Star Wars RPG had the same level of quality as KOTOR has, that's for sure :)

Jed

Cipher
Role-Player said:
I'm waiting for the patch that adds the option to romance Bastilla with a female PC. >_>
On that topic, I'd rather a patch that makes Bastilla not hideous and utterly unredeemingly annoying. And anyway, if they just removed the +2 bonus to the off-hand attack, why was Carth still so damn useless?

DIPthong

Novice
Role-Player said:
XJEDX said:
Role-Player said:
I'm waiting for the patch that adds the option to romance Bastilla with a female PC. >_>
On that topic, I'd rather a patch that makes Bastilla not hideous and utterly unredeemingly annoying.

A patch that combines both would probably be AWSOME! :lol:

I want teh NOOD patches! Mmmmm...catwoman b00bs...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Uh? Where you get that idea. All I'm saying is, that for me, a patch is moot, as I'm not playing the game. Geez. :roll:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
What sacrasm? Some things are exactly as they are.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
XJEDX said:
On that topic, I'd rather a patch that makes Bastilla not hideous and utterly unredeemingly annoying. And anyway, if they just removed the +2 bonus to the off-hand attack, why was Carth still so damn useless?

It's not that Carth is so damn useless, it's rather that blasters are fucking useless. I found that Carth became a lot better if you let him dual wield swords. This really made me feel like I was playing a Dungeons & Krayt Dragons game.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
DemonKing said:
I think that's the read-me for 1.02 though - I think 1.03 only fixed a couple of minor bugs.

Now if only we could get a second patch for TOEE then I'll give that another whirl.

Funny you should mention that. It's being worked on. I can't say anymore than that, what with the NDA and all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom