Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Bloodlines info at Gaming Age

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Object Software; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

<a href=http://www.gaming-age.com>Gaming Age</a> posted something they'd like to call a <a href=http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/previews/preview.pl?sys=pc&game=vampirebloodlines>preview</a> of <a href=http://www.vampirebloodlines.com>Bloodlines</a>. I like the last line: <i>developed by Troika Games-creators of top RPG franchises such as Arcanum (2002 RPG of the year-PC Gamer) and the Fallout series, Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines promises to take RPG gaming to the next level.</i>
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Embrace the darkness as a vampire-Gamers play as a member of one of seven different Camarilla Clans, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses. Utilizing up to 12 different vampire powers including supernatural speed, invisibility, mind control and superhuman strength, players embark on quests, earning experience points to build their character and increase powers, skills and traits. As they progress through the game, players will rise up through the ranks of Vampire Society to become the most powerful creature of the night. </blockquote>
<br>
The most powerful creature? Somebody doesn't have a clue. I hope.
<br>

Transcendent One

Liturgist
I find it amusing how in all these previews of Bloodlines Troika is labelled as top RPG developer, renowned for their brilliant games, even though Arcanum generally didn't score too high on many profeshunal reviews and ToEE was labelled flat out crap by an awful lot.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
It shows that profeshunal gaming journalism is based on anything (hearsay, rumors, uneducated opinions, bias and bs, etc) but not the actual facts, because that would be like totally boring.

Voss

Erudite
Its pretty damn boring as it is though.

Hordes of reviewers with nothing more to say than "I luved dis game, dat I played fur five whole minutes, 'cause doez guys what made it gave me kewl toy!' doesn't make for fascinating reading.

Well, OK, theres also the guys who simply say "I liked it for purely subjective reasons, so therefor it is the Greatest Game Ever! All you fools will like it, even if you actually don't, because you just have to because I do!"

Human Shield

Augur
Don't forget: Con's - Do I really have to put something here?,

What creatures are above vampires in the WW world? Are their ancient demons?

Voss

Erudite
There are demons, but they are unrelated to vampires.

Vamps have a hierarchy based laregely on age and how many generations they are removed from the first Vampire- Caine (of Biblical myth). So the creatures above them consist largely of older, lower generation vampires. The founders of the various Clans fall in at 3rd generation. Caine is, obviously, first. With God above him. (And potentially Lillith above Caine as well, depending on which of the rumors/myths/legends that wander through the books you believe.)

You can consume vampires of lower generation to lower their own, but thats generally considered socially unacceptable (and fairly easy to spot, aura sight is a level 2 power, and fairly common, and this practice leaves very large, noticeable stains on the aura). So you could try to become the most powerful vampire (well, not really, but you could work at it if you ate everyone in the city) but I seriously doubt you'd get very far. The practice tends to upset the entire vampire population of the city. And age is definitely a factor in how powerful vamps are... and your character is has been in the business for probably less than a month, at best...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom