Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News APRIL FOOL - BioWare to make Fallout 3!

Ausir

Arcane
Tags: BioWare; Fallout 3 (Van Buren)

In an official press release, <a href=http://www.bioware.com>BioWare</a> has announced:
<br>
<br>
<ul><i>BioWare Corp., the creators of the best selling Baldur's Gate and Nerwinter Nights series, are pleased to announce that the company has acquired the license for a sequel to Fallout - a highly praised series of cyberpunk games.
<br>
<br>
Fallout 3: Star Citadel will redefine the electronic role-playing game genre using the fully 3D BioWare Aurora Engine (previously used in Neverwinter Nights) and the d20 Modern system, published by Wizards of the Coast, Inc. The game will contain an amazing 60-100 hour single player campaign that is also playable in multiplayer mode. More than just a game, Fallout 3 will allow its players to step into the shoes of the Game Master to tell their own stories and create their own adventures in the spirit of pen and paper games using the powerful Neverwinter Aurora toolset. </i></ul>
<br>
<br>
There's no info on the game aside from this hype yet.
<br>
<br>
Well, I won't even comment on this... I just wonder what will happen to Carsten Strehse's brilliant plans for Fallout 3 now?

war3rd

Novice
hmmmmmmmmmmm

Sounds like an April Fool's bit to me......... (but i'll keep hoping)

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
So teh rumours were true! We're gonna get our Fallout 3 after all! I can't wait for the New Reno Persistent World, in which I won't be leaving Ms. Kitty's place anytime.

The plot, hmm... "It seems that our water purification chip has given up the ghost. There is only one other chip know to exist. For safety reasons, it has been splitted into four parts and hidden in 4 multilevel underground vaults. I've marked your map with location of Vault 15. Might be a good place to start, I think.
Look...
Just be safe, OK?"

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
It makes sense now. Bio has been working on the modern d20 project for awhile, making guns, skyscraper tiles, and bots. I guess now we know why :(

Voss

Erudite
And the link to the actual press release is where?

I hate this day...

Vault Dweller

Developer
They must have taken it down because of all the hits it was getting.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Other than the fact that FO3 is toast; I wouldn't mind if BIO would do it. At least it be pretty good. Of course, this is fake and shouldn't be in the news section. Bunch of lameos. :x :wink:

Vault Dweller

Developer
You're just mad 'cause you bought it and clicked on the link :wink:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
LOL I'm mad 'cause I had clicked on the thread thinking it might be true. the tone of the first post gave it away so I didn't the link to prove otherwise.

I hate this day. Too many lame jokers trying to eb funny. I wonder how many times WMD will be found in Iraq today. :twisted:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
That's true. Compared to others I'd consider beleiveable. It's just sad that April Fool's Day has been ruined since I've been up for maybe an hour yet I've been bombarded with maybe 100 so called jokes already. Argh.

TimCain

Obsidian Entertainment
Developer
With the game industry changing and becoming more console and less PC oriented, and with Bioware getting the Fallout 3 contract from Interplay, I am debating returning to my first company, a marketing company called Center, that I started in 1989 in New York before coming to California.

Marketing was always my first love anyway, before games and even computer programming. It combines the creativity of both artistic expression and writing. Artists, I'd especially love to hear comments about my site:

http://www.cain.com

I'll let you all know what I decide.

Tim.

Voss

Erudite
Thats a pretty cool site.
I like the effects. The juxtaposition of words as categories and navigation is quite effective.

triCritical

Erudite
TimCain said:
With the game industry changing and becoming more console and less PC oriented, and with Bioware getting the Fallout 3 contract from Interplay, I am debating returning to my first company, a marketing company called Center, that I started in 1989 in New York before coming to California.

Marketing was always my first love anyway, before games and even computer programming. It combines the creativity of both artistic expression and writing. Artists, I'd especially love to hear comments about my site:

http://www.cain.com

I'll let you all know what I decide.

Tim.

Does this mean Troika is bordering badness, or you will just sell your interest in the company? Or are you just sick of the gaming industry? I am sick of being a consumer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom