Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Mount & Blade: Warband Footage

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Mount & Blade

Watch this video with lead designer Armagan Yavuz <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqTIMvpGPOk&feature=player_embedded">explaining the new multiplayer features.</a>
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">This is one of the most exciting features for us and also for the fans as well," says Armagan, as he speaks on the new multiplayer aspect. "If you like the idea of fighting on a horse and fighting with tough guys with swords...you are going to enjoy Mount & Blade: Warband.</p>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/96758-mount-a-blade-warband-video-interview.html">Gamebanshee</A>

Saxon1974

Prophet
I wonder if the "revamped combat system" will be in the single player game.

I could care less about Multiplayer. I think there are many fans out there that like the single player game that might not be thrilled with this, just look at how many single player mods there are.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I remember reading somewhere that the expansion would bring a "real singleplayer campaign" or something like that. I've found no evidence of this, however.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Currently playing the new release of the Sword of Damocles mod and it's pretty awesome. It gives you some real kingdom management to do, complete with issuing laws and commanding marshals.

The Wizard

Educated
JarlFrank said:
Currently playing the new release of the Sword of Damocles mod and it's pretty awesome. It gives you some real kingdom management to do, complete with issuing laws and commanding marshals.
it's out? let me guess: it doesn't have the real combat module integrated?

there go another 40hours of my life.

Quilty

Magister
JarlFrank said:

Wow, that sounds great. I've never tried any mods for Mount and Blade, just dabbled around in the vanilla version and got bored due to lack of motivation. But this looks pretty neat.

Morkar Left

Sword of Damocles 4.5 is still beta and very buggy if you read the posts in the subforum. Anyway, the feature list is great.

Virtz

Educated
SerratedBiz said:
I remember reading somewhere that the expansion would bring a "real singleplayer campaign" or something like that. I've found no evidence of this, however.
There is a singleplayer campaign being closed beta tested by selected M&B mod makers.

Multiplayer is being closed beta tested by selected M&B owners.

Morkar Left

I´ve read at the taleworlds-forum that the singleplayer-campaign will improved as well. The question is how much and will it be enough?

Besides that, here´s an official new feature:

• The ability to marry a lady of the realm for romance or cold political gain. Try to win a lady’s heart through poetry or bravery.

Nude mods! :lol:

Shannow

Waster of Time
JarlFrank said:
Hmm, haven't tried that one. But my experience with M&B mods: 1-3 improved features/good ideas added vs. 4-50 stupid fucking crap/bugs.
So does Sword of Damocles have 40 new completely overpowered units/did the makers deem horses/bows/whatever too strong and nerf it into oblivion/add LotR crossover companions with ridiculous quests or some other shit to that effect?

And while "mods will fix it" is all fine and dandy, I wish Armagan had finished vanilla by adding more substance, balance and most importantly real kingdom management. Preferably in a free patch. There is enough he could have simply stolen from mods...
I got my hopes up when there was still talk about a reworked camaign in Warband, but since then it has only been multiplayer here, multiplayer there... Meh.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There's not much retardation in that mod, Shannow. The units all fit the setting, and they're not really overpowered, although high level units are noticably better than low level ones. And finally siege battles are a bit more balanced since you can lead more than 100 people too.

Best part is the empire management, though. Really fun to lead your own kingdom.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
spacemoose said:
wrestling around with some tough guys is my favorite thing to do

Though guys with swards.

The swards are the whole point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom