Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age awakens even further

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

Another party member gets <a href="http://www.curse.com/articles/dragon-age-origins/686209.aspx">revealed:</a>
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">When Mhairi was a child, she was enraptured by tales of kings and nobles. All she wanted was to be like them, to fight for what she believed. Betrothed to a trader when she turned 16, she saw the life that lay ahead of her and enlisted in the army instead. Her fierce loyalty and devotion to Ferelden earned her the love and respect of her commanders and brothers-in-arms. King Cailan's betrayal and death hit Mhairi hard, and when she learned of the two Grey Wardens who quelled the Blight almost single-handedly, she vowed to serve the Wardens. When the call came for volunteers to help rebuild the order at Vigil's Keep, Mhairi jumped at the chance to join.
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
You could also read <a href="http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/107/1072747p1.html">this preview</a> if you're so inclined.
<br>
<br>

Percy

Cipher
The preview actually makes it sound alright. The fucking character previews however make it look like a bucket of ass.

Sirus

Liturgist
stop buying these shitty games and for the love of god stop buying this stupid dlc

Cenobyte

Prophet
It's so lame how they just recycle their character models ever and ever again. This time you have the face of Leliana with random black hair und the fighter class. Just pathetic.

And the character itself seems to be pretty Carth-like. But hopefully less emo and more normal.

denizsi

Arcane
AWAKE!

for all is dying, even the dead
We are our Past failing to come back
All of us visionaires
with a rope around our neck

It's like this song was exclusively written to express the nerdrage for the smallest niche of RPG fans suffocating with the current crop of RPGs.

racofer

Thread Incliner
After ME2, I'm having a really difficult time getting into DAO. It's so boring and childish in comparison, plus the combat system is abysmal. I don't believe I will make it much further into it.

denizsi

Arcane
racofer said:
After ME2, I'm having a really difficult time getting into DAO. It's so boring and childish in comparison, plus the combat system is abysmal. I don't believe I will make it much further into it.

Just wait until someone makes a mod to get rid of endless walking and filler combat so you can jump right between dialogues, noteworthy places and quest combat encounters, bypassing all filler combat.

If none is made, you can just as well not play it at all.

kris

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
So basically this character is like Leliana, only with different hair and skills.

Hardly surprising since we already got Alistair with different skills.

Rogue Morrigan or Wynne next?

denizsi

Arcane
I want a married MILF for a change who will cheat her husband with you and there will be lots of drama.

Phelot

Arcane
I want a hot babe that will reject your characters pathetic advances

Project: Eternity
racofer said:

I'm having the same thing. I enjoyed DA when it came out, but the character writing in ME2 is noticeably better. The NPCs in this expansion pack sound even worse than the ones in the original game.

kris

Arcane
phelot said:
I want a hot babe that will reject your characters pathetic advances

should only really be applicable in some cases and if your character is low level. Being a hero that have mawed down armies with his little pinky finger would convince most women of your suitability even if you can't speak properly. (possibly not some, like a noblewoman.)

I like the married woman case presented by denizsi better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom