Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age Info Service

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

Dragon Age <a href="http://social.bioware.com/page/da-patches">gets patched.</a>
<br>
<br>
There's also <a href="http://www.incgamers.com/Previews/177/dragon-age-origins---awakening-hands-on">another preview</a> of DA: Awakening.

denizsi

Arcane
Various changes have been made to code and resources to support the Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening expansion pack. Most of these changes do not affect Origins itself.

Some players were experiencing increasingly long load times. A major cause of this problem has been fixed.

At higher levels, non-player characters now receive a bonus to armor penetration. This mitigates an unintentional imbalance with well-armored high-level characters, since armor penetration previously did not scale as aggressively as armor itself did.

Elite-rank enemies (lieutenants) can no longer be shattered. This preserves the intended tactical design of many combat encounters.

Portraits for summoned creatures (like a ranger's wolf) were displaying improperly while in the party camp. This no longer occurs.

Fuck this shit, the game is easy enough as it is. Scaling armor penetration will only further negate the point of levelling. Likewise with shattering, which didn't happen all that often anyway.

They need to learn to separate actual bug fixes and optimization from design "balances" like fanmade patches.At least make it optional during patch installation.

Also, there's no information on whether this will invalidate previously saved games.

Fucking homos.

Monocause

Arcane
denizsi said:
Fuck this shit, the game is easy enough as it is. Scaling armor penetration will only further negate the point of levelling. Likewise with shattering, which didn't happen all that often anyway.

They need to learn to separate actual bug fixes and optimization from design "balances" like fanmade patches.At least make it optional during patch installation.

I don't get it. They just made the game more difficult, yet you sound as if they made it easier.

It's good that they incerased NPC's AP. Not too sure about shattering though. My best bet would be to make the chance to shatter proportional to the amount of the enemy HP remaining.
I don't like the notion of any enemies automatically resisting some high-level spells or abilities. That's not 'balance', that's ruining the system.
It should be like with the fe. D&D Disintegrate spell. If you manage to get past spell resistance and the enemy fails the save, you can insta-win with a dragon. That's just fair play.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
That's because you are a typical retarded Codexian e net non penis NERDRAGEEEE over reacting only read what you want to person.

R00fles!

P.S. The PC version of DA should die. I cna't believe it sucks comapred to the 360 version. I had to give away that joke of a version to keep my sanity. The fact that they dumbed down the codex, made the combat easier, made the laod times 3x times a slow, and the graphics worse is just ballsack scratching. WTF!?!

P.S.S. Outside the fiasco with non DLC in Awakening as well as the lack of continuing with Orign npcs, the expansions sounds pretty cool.

Silellak

Cipher
Volourn said:
P.S. The PC version of DA should die. I cna't believe it sucks comapred to the 360 version. I had to give away that joke of a version to keep my sanity. The fact that they dumbed down the codex, made the combat easier, made the laod times 3x times a slow, and the graphics worse is just ballsack scratching. WTF!?!.
Lies. FFS.

Volourn said:
P.S. The PC version of DA should die. I cna't believe it sucks comapred to the 360 version. I had to give away that joke of a version to keep my sanity. The fact that they dumbed down the codex, made the combat easier, made the laod times 3x times a slow, and the graphics worse is just ballsack scratching. WTF!?!

!

u6maleavatar1.jpg
More

Volourn said:
Keep bullshitting as you keep embarrassing yourself. FFS Stop the lies, start the truths.

Achilles

Arcane
Volourn said:
P.S. The PC version of DA should die. I cna't believe it sucks comapred to the 360 version. I had to give away that joke of a version to keep my sanity. The fact that they dumbed down the codex, made the combat easier, made the laod times 3x times a slow, and the graphics worse is just ballsack scratching. WTF!

You're fucking insane. Did you try to run the game on a 386 or something? Unbelievable. For anyone reading this, ignore everything he said. He's talking bullshit.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Don't blame me for the fuckin' horrible PC version. I didn't fuckin' develop it. Blame BIO for its shittiness. FFS

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
FFS are you retarded? Dragon Age: Origins is best on PC. Fact.

FFS retard

Whipporowill

Erudite
Volly, it's med time again.

Not having played the 360 version however, I can't go in front of a jury and claim this is the Truth (tm) but here's what I've heard:

Combat on the 360 is easier challengewise - but Volly might like the console combat ui, dunno?

Graphics are pretty much the same?

There's at least one obvious case of dumbing the game down for consoles - the bridge puzzle during the Ashes quest, supposedly doesn't despawn on consoles - like it does on pc, meaning you don't have to figure out the full sequence rather than play dance dance revolution.

R00fles!

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Clockwork Knight said:
Did any of you try the 360 version to know if the combat and codex are indeed dumbed down, and not the opposite?
Didn't bother with the codex. Combat, depends on what you consider easier. It's harder to control because of the radial menu and lack of isometric view (makes little difference considering the iso view on PC is shit anyway) and pausing isn't as... immediate, for lack of a better word. Encounters themselves seemed easier on the console (at least on the Xbawks. Haven't played on PS3 to compare), as in enemies died quicker and were less deadly. I didn't botherd doing an exact duplicate, but it was the same encounters (the circle tower) using similar PCs and the same party, with more or less the same equipment. Take it with a grain of salt.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Volourn said:
Don't blame me for the fuckin' horrible PC version. I didn't fuckin' develop it. Blame BIO for its shittiness. FFS

Who are you and what have you done with our Pretty Princess?

Ausir

Arcane
I have played the PC version and had to play some bits on the 360 version during the Warden's Quest event. The latter was a horrible experience. Yes, the 360 version was more challenging for me but only because of shitty controls.

Mass Effect might be best on the 360, but Dragon Age is a PC game at heart, with a shoddy port to the other platforms.

Ch1ef

Scholar
Hey guys!

DRAGON AGE IS FOR FEGGETS LIKE YOU HAR HAR HAR

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom