Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Diablo II clicks ahead to 1.13c

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Blizzard Entertainment; Diablo 2

<b>Diablo 2</b>, in both expanded and unexpanded flavors, continues to feel Blizzard's hot sticky love with the release of <a href="http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20758&parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=2717" target="blank">patch 1.13c</a>. Here's a small slice of the changes:
<br>
<blockquote><li>Respecialization is now possible! Completing the 'Den of Evil' quest
<br>
will now additionally reward 1 free respec which can be saved. Players
<br>
who have already completed this quest should receive 1 free respec in
<br>
Hell difficulty.</li>
<br>
<li>Increased the drop rate of high runes.</li>
<br>
<li>Support for blit scaling in windowed mode. The game can now be
<br>
maximized to the largest 4:3 resolution supported (hooray widescreen users).</li>
<br>
<li>Some rare drop items now have an orange color. i.e. Runes and items
<br>
required for Uber Tristam.</li>
<br>
<li>Modified the gold bank limit to be a flat cap not bound by level.</li>
<br>
<li>Removed the requirements to create a hardcore character.</li> </blockquote>
<br>
A complete list of the changes can be found at <a href="http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=23766804014&sid=3000" target="blank">Battle.net</a>.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.shacknews.com/">Shack News</A>

Gerrard

Arcane
The changes are a good indication of how shitty Diablo 3 is going to be.
No risk involved! After all, players don't like to die.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Logged online to drop all my leet gear. That's the best part of the entire game. Don't feel much of an urge to play again, tho, there aren't big changes to gameplay. Maybe if there was Codex HC group for the third time I might start again.

DaveO

Erudite
No inventory boost, and the respec with some skill changes is not enough for me to reinstall the game. And it took a year for this crap to come out? Oh, that's right it's Blizzard so they always take forever.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
DaveO said:
No inventory boost
It broke their servers and was the whole reason this patch took so long to come out.

The Diablo II 1.13 patch is on temporary hold while we investigate potential impact on the Battle.net service. As we moved closer to launching the patch concerns grew that an increase in the player stash size (a feature in the patch) could compromise the Diablo II Battle.net service. The hardware and configuration could potentially not handle the increased stash size gracefully under heavy load. Currently we’re investigating potential impact as it is one of the larger content features in the patch and we’re hoping it can remain a part of the release. If it does have to be removed it will require additional time to remove it, generate new patches, and test, which will add time before we can go live on the PTR.

We’re hoping to have our diagnostics and a final decision on how we’ll be moving forward decided by early next week and we’ll have an update for you at that time.

DaveO

Erudite
Mods can increase the inventory and stash, but they can't? I can understand them being so cheap to not address their servers for an old game, but if it was WoW which generates money I can guarantee they would have pushed to have all the content. Of course in about a few weeks or months at the most, there will be private servers that do include an increased stash and there may even be new mods.

Micmu

Magister
PlanHex said:
It broke their servers and was the whole reason this patch took so long to come out.
That's just the official explanation not the whole reason itself. We all know they're too busy making their money-grabbing online services, even in single-player games.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Diablo 2 runs on ancient hardware and the game doesn't make enough money to justify upgrading it. They have to work with what they have.

Silellak

Cipher
Xor said:
Diablo 2 runs on ancient hardware and the game doesn't make enough money to justify upgrading it. They have to work with what they have.
CSIComic-Diablo2.jpg

Hory

Erudite
BROS THIS GAME SO SHIT I THOUGH IT WAS SHIT EVEN BEFORE CODEX TOLD ME WHATS SHIT

bonch

Educated
Let's be more sarcastic because we're afraid to be vulnerable and admit we like a game.

bgillisp

Scholar
Its a pretty decent bargan bin game...I got Diablo 2 and expansion for $19.99 this year and finally played it. Granted, its what 9 - 10 years after release but still was decent for $19.99.

Sad thing is...its better than some more costly games out there now.

Zeus

Cipher
JarlFrank said:
shihonage said:
Dead game is dead. News at 11.

No it's not.

I think by "dead" you mean "still being sold at major retailers and actively supported by the developer after ten years."

The Wizard

Educated
bonch said:
Let's be more sarcastic because we're afraid to be vulnerable and admit we like a game.
you can like diablo/2 about as much as a crackhead can love his addiction.

fucking game, give me my life back!
give it back!
*reinstalls*

my penis is hard, but my mind is weak. so weak. :(

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Zeus said:
JarlFrank said:
shihonage said:
Dead game is dead. News at 11.

No it's not.

I think by "dead" you mean "still being sold at major retailers and actively supported by the developer after ten years."

By "dead" I mean "completely broken balance-wise, filled with hax0ring subhumans unable to speak a word of English, and glitchy on multi-core processors".

"Supported" has been a very loose term with Diablo II over the past 6 years. The long-awaited patch that added "synergies" broke the shit that wasn't broken before it, and it's all been downhill from 1.03 as far as I'm concerned.

Zeus

Cipher
shihonage said:
By "dead" I mean "completely broken balance-wise

Complaints about imbalance always remind me of Harrison Bergeron. If you want balance, try checkers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom