Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Review Extravaganza: DA Awakening

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

More reviews to look at, the first at <a href="http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/03/23/review-dragon-age-origins-awakening/">BigDownload</a>
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">All this builds up to an amazing finale sequence that makes up for almost everything we complained about. Without giving too much away, players are presented with some tough moral choices, pitting their duties as Grey Wardens against their role as leader of Amaranthine. The end boss (or bosses, as the case may be) is very challenging and requires quite a bit of skill and character management to overcome. We enjoyed seeing our decisions culminate into an epilogue, although we were once given a conclusion to a quest we didn't discover. Although we're a little disappointed that there isn't more content connecting Awakening to decisions made in the Origins campaign, the new content more than makes up for it. It's definitely an experience fans shouldn't miss out on.
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
and another one at <a href="http://gamerlimit.com/2010/03/gamer-limit-review-dragon-age-awakening-expansion/">Gamer Limit.</a>
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">I was really excited when I heard Bioware claim that Awakening was around “thirty hours or more”, but that really isn’t the case. After twelve hours, I defeated the final boss, and after around fifteen, I had everything done. Some gamers might work slower and get in the neighborhood of twenty hours, but at $40, the price is right provided you plan on playing the game again at some point in time.
<br>
<br>
Awakening is disconnected from Origins enough to really justify it’s existence, so don’t pass it off as a simple “DLC pack”. On a personal level, I like the characters better, I like the more streamlined approach, and there are a ton of extra abilities and play styles to choose from – but from a technical standpoint, Origins is a better game.
<br>
</p>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97310-dragon-age-origins-awakening-reviews.html">GB</A>

I like the more streamlined approach

BabyLaugh.gif

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
but at $40, the price is right provided you plan on playing the game again at some point in time.

Has the dollar fallen so low or are these Niggerian dollars? It's £14.99 at Amazon UK.

Nightjed

Liturgist
what does he mean by "the price is right provided you plan on playing the game again at some point in time" ? you CANT use any of awakening new abilities and skills in the original campaign and even if they were to be added later in a patch/mod, 90% of them are level locked above lvl 20

and about "there are a ton of extra abilities and play styles to choose from", he must be playing a different game, since they are epic level abilities you already have everything else and you can only access 1 or 2 of the new ones at a time (which is the same amount of skill points you get), you cant "choose" they are the only non 100% useless abilities left for you to put a point into and i feel no difference in gameplay other than that my rogue gets hit less often and kills faster than before, the game is incredible easy even on nightmare

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom