Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Alpha Protocol Audio Interview

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Alpha Protocol; Obsidian Entertainment

Matt Hickman, SEGA's assistant producer on Alpha Protocol, explains the dialogue stance system amongst others in this <a href="http://www.talkxbox.com/news/5990/alpha-protocol-interview/">audio interview.</a>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97502-alpha-protocol-audio-interview.html">Gaembenshee</A>

denizsi

Arcane
Boring. Boring and monotonous interviewer almost put me to sleep until he surprised by asking whether choices are redundant, giving the example of bad/neutral/good choices all leading to the same outcome in other games, to which the interviewed says things change immensely for the whole game, which sounds like an absurd overstatement, coming from Obsidian, but I hope I'm wrong.

Other than that, nothing new. The same stuff every preview and interview had, except the Saudi weapons dealer didn't come up as an example.

denizsi

Arcane
Why wait for it to come out? It doesn't need to be true to be a meme. It's the only example ever given so it deserves to be made a meme. Alpha Protocol is an espionage RPG where you can help or kill Saudi Weapon dealers.

There was another bit in this interview that gave me the impression there will be a big end game battle and those you allied with will come to your aid, but I might have read too much between the lines.

Exact quote is, that allies "play all the way into the end game".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom