Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Enter the spotlight at the Bethblog: JE Sawyer

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: J.E. Sawyer; Obsidian Entertainment

The Bethesda Blog <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2010/05/05/inside-the-vault-obsidians-josh-sawyer/#more-7333">interrogates JE Sawyer.</a> What did Bethsoft do to our favorite devs? Just look at this forced smile, the subliminal cry for help. I think they even tattooed a prisoner number onto his arm.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>Thus far, what’s been the highlight of your career?</b>
<br>
Growing up, Brian Fargo was one of my heroes. Working for Black Isle was amazing for me because Interplay made Bard’s Tale, the first CRPG I ever played. After Icewind Dale shipped, Brian sent an e-mail to Feargus telling him he played through the whole game and really enjoyed it. So even though the highlight came only a year into my development career, I think it will be hard to top that.
<br>
<br>
<b>What would you say is your personal favorite game of all time?</b>
<br>
I have three all-time favorites: the original Pool of Radiance, Darklands, and the original Fallout. All have their own flaws and idiosyncrasies, but those are the three that have drawn me in more than any others. They’re also the ones that I can go back to without feeling like they’ve aged badly.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#14910">RPGWatch</A>

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Josh Sawyer truly is a clever person.

Icewind Dale took just four months to make.

And look at the result.

Those were blessful times when Feargus' Slam Dunks unintentionally worked out, because he chose the right person with whom to make a cheap, low-budget, quick development project that was not meant to have any quality, but just quick bucks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom