Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fable III headed to PC & CE announced

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Lionhead Studios

<p><a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97968-fable-iii-headed-to-pc-collectors-edition-announced.html" target="_blank">Read the press release</a> concerning the PC version and the planned collectors edition.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>&bull; A new dog breed: Renowned for its loyalty, the Boxer is a brave canine companion worthy of greatest Queens and Kings.<br /><br />&bull; One unique outfit: Unearth one male and female outfit from the mysterious, faraway land of Aurora, a new destination in your &ldquo;Fable III&rdquo; adventures.<br /><br />&ldquo;Fable III&rdquo; sets the stage for an unparalleled action and adventure experience, in which you will be called upon to rise from revolutionary to ruler of Albion. The choices and sacrifices you make while fanning the flames of revolution, and then as you rule as King or Queen, will lead to an ever evolving world of consequences that will be felt across your entire land.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>They say there are choices, they say there are consequences. But more importantly, will this game - much like Fable TLC - be riddled with bugs, crashing all the time, producing corrupted savegames all the time? But of course. And will this game - much like Fable TLC - never see a patch to correct these issues? Well, I'm 100% certain. So let us be quiet for a minute and send a short thanking prayer to Peter Moulinex for blessing us with another one of his masterpieces.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97968-fable-iii-headed-to-pc-collectors-edition-announced.html">GB</a></p>

Angthoron

Arcane
Guild Seal Coin: The coin features a Good side (blue) and Evil side (red) to assist players in making critical decisions that will impact the fate of the world forever.

I hope the coin is going to have voice-acted action-triggered response innovation. No sale if that won't be the case.

When I said "I'm sure we'll see something down the line", I didn't mean half a day later.

Worst kept secret ever.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I guess the goal of 5 million sales are to blame for this.

I can't wait for one button combat, one button interaction, one button inventory, one button farting, one button dog, one button shirt, one button fucking and so on.

Woooo.... i am so interested....

Now there is one thing i am interested in after 3 comes out and Mr.I-Pull-Stuff-Out-Of-My-Ass-Molyneux complains that 99% of there people where to simple minded to understand his features he put into the game and the truth is 99% found them fucking BORING!.

I am sorry shitting my self is not a valid form of interaction.

Jim Profit

Educated
No

10nos

Fable's going to try and lure us in again with promises it can't keep. Isn't there a law against that? It's called false advertising... Infact, the guy who invented capitalism even said that all trade transactions would be completely equally and both parties informed so feudal lords couldn't take advantage of dumb serfs...

Fable is a stinking pile of feudal lord shit. Trying to tell you it'l grow into awesome crops. Meanwhile for Fable 2, the level they used for the fucking trailer was downloadable content... I aint paying for a router/xbox live...

Fable 2 also promised lots of roleplaying, it wasn't. It was just "you're evil HUUURRR!!!!" and wives are whiny little shits.

Fable 2 acted like your dog would be so vital. It wasn't. The only thing it ever did was help me find treasure. And even then it wasn't anything but broken condoms and dog treats for it to eat untill it was like level 4. And by then it's about time for it to die.

I predict that not only will this game suck. But this net they're trying to use to catch you about a moral coin will just be a wall of text like when you read an item description. It'll be enormously vague.

Also there will be no way not to avoid being evil. People just not liking you=evil.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
i can't wait to read the at least 10 pages long fable 3 thread on the 'dex where everyone will be arguing how bad it is while having wasted countless hours on it.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Genma:TheDestroyer said:
Blackadder said:
Oh, this game series? :lol:

Did 2 even come out on the PC?

Nope, which makes me wonder what their thoughts are about this whole thing.

a-million-dollars.jpg

KalosKagathos

Learned
CrimsonAngel said:
I can't wait for one button combat, one button interaction, one button inventory, one button farting, one button dog, one button shirt, one button fucking and so on.
Technically, DMC uses the very same layout (melee button, ranged button, style button), and it still allows for tons of special moves because pushing joystick in different directions when you press a button causes different attacks to come out. Fable's problems are PC's immortality, AI being set to "Off" and almost complete lack of special attacks.

Micmu

Magister
Anyway, this aint an RPG he said so himself so I guess we dont need to cover it here no more.
Yes he did but that will never stop the professionals spamming the news and RPG discussion with it.
OMG IT HAZ MAGIC N SWORDS ITS RPG

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
No, we need to continue to praise Mollineux for his contributions to the genre, like one-button farting to name but one.

i wonder if this will finally be the last game that molyneaux makes before he switches over entirely to only developing games for cell phones.

i hope i pray

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom