Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial Rampant Coyote Is Faking It

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Frayed Knights

<p>Jay Barnson <a href="http://rampantgames.com/blog/?p=649" target="_blank">gives insight</a> into their development approach.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>So that&rsquo;s kinda where I&rsquo;m coming from. Yeah, it means that sometimes <strong>Frayed Knights</strong> feels a little like those old adventure games from Legend Entertainment back in the late 80s and early 90s, where the pictures were a supplement to the old-school text. I&rsquo;m not taking it quite that far, but yeah &ndash; it&rsquo;s going to be text heavy. There are a lot of things implied that you won&rsquo;t see. Big, cool events may be hidden behind a cloud of particle effects.&nbsp; The characters may talk about things they see, smell, taste, touch,&nbsp; or hear that the player does not.&nbsp; People will talk about other people and places that the player will never see. That&rsquo;s just the way it is.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>It's going to be text-heavy? Bad idea Jay, most gamers can't even read. Should have done some boobie-cards.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#15016">RPGWatch</a></p>

RampantCoyote

Novice
One of these days I'll figure out how to make a game that has a chance in hell of making money. Boobie cards, you say? They should be anime style, right?

RampantCoyote

Novice
@VoD: But that's the stuff that SELLS, right? Oh, wait, I'm making an RPG. Those never sell, anyway. I'm hosed.

@Elzair: Blob-style. Turn-based, not - as Brenda Brathwaite calls it - "Phase Based." (A la Wizardry, where you enter your commands at the beginning and let it play out.) Relative positioning is important, as far as who is in what rank, the length / range of the weapon, and what feats characters in each rank might have. But beyond who is in what rank, there's no positioning or terrain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom