Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Vampire: Bloodlines Clan Quest Mod 2.0 Released

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

<p>I actually have it installed already since a few days, but now that Gamebanshee posted it as news, I have to post it as news at the Codex too. Can't go wrong with posting news GB already posted.</p>
<p><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3zvm60PLAI&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank">Watch the trailers</a>, download it <a href="http://planet-vampire.com/modules/Burgermeister/" target="_blank">there</a>.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/98046-vampire-bloodlines-clan-quest-mod-20-released.html">GB</a></p>

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Dude you suck at news posts, might want to add a bit more info. :P

Highlights of Clan Quest Mod

* 10 totally new quests - one for each clan and a quest for evil players! Each quest is written and constructed to match the clans' ambiance and feel; dig up dirt with the Nosferatu, work deals with the Ventrue.
* Packaged installer, seemlessly includes many other mods for installation, including Camarilla Edition, Arsenal Mod, and a "Nightmare Mode" combination of Pop's Difficult Mod and PnP Combat Mod
* 2 brand new cut scenes - Featuring full voice acting
* Over 550 new dialogue lines, with main characters voiced by semi-professional voice actors!
* The new quests feature genuine WoD lore and facts; learn more about the Masquerade than ever.
* Meet 15 new NPCs including a members of the dreaded Assamite and Lasombra clans.
* Powerful new quest rewards, including stat increases and even learning a fourth discipline!

I sure hope there is an option to NOT install some of that silly "other mods".

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Dudebro I have been ordered not to include readme-like feature lists etc because it's redundant, I'm supposed to only link to it, k?

You can completely choose which mods, or parts of mods you want to install (everything happens during installer routine), some mods are mutually exclusive.

hoochimama

Liturgist
Pretty good voices for an amateur mod, they also seem to try to take advantage of the camera for cutscenes, moreso than the original.

Are the quests any good?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
hoochimama said:
Pretty good voices for an amateur mod, they also seem to try to take advantage of the camera for cutscenes, moreso than the original.

Are the quests any good?

Yeah I was quite surprised the VO was half way decent.

One question I had is in the video, should you get a Masquerade violation if you use any vampiric powers on the thugs and then do not kill the 2 innocents (shop guy and that girl)?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
depends on the powers, he uses the malk chick, so dementation & obfuscate are no violation, animalism or thaumaturgy for example are.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
VentilatorOfDoom said:
depends on the powers, he uses the malk chick, so dementation & obfuscate are no violation, animalism or thaumaturgy for example are.

Exactly. I wonder if that is coded that way in this mission. If so awesome stuff.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've been playing this. It seems buggier than BL with the unofficial patch plus (even on conservative settings) on wine. There appears to be a driver problem on bloodlines that this mod triggers and "normal" bloodlines patch doesn't.

Oh well, crashing every two maps.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I didn't. Only clanquest and unofficial patch plus.

I suspect it's a memory leak in the radeon drivers *. What annoys me is that it doesn't trigger in another "installation" i have with the UP+ .

* Because of the "Running out of block size 8" from the game or drivers i think and "err:Out of Memory!" from wine.

Melcar

Arcane
Did you try disabling GLSL in WINE? When I last played the game GLSL used to cause weird artifacts and crashes.

Murk

Arcane
Replay time!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom