Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Shacknews The Witcher 2 Preview

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

<p>Shacknews <a href="http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/64416" target="_blank">sum up their impressions</a> of TW2 at E3.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>With such strong implications to every action, the combat system too needed more options. One of them is a full non-lethal fighting system that allows enemies to be subdued by knocking them out; a good idea if you think you may need to talk to that person later. The tempo-based combos of the original game have also been replaced with a more familiar open system of fast and heavy strikes which can be mixed and matched together along with magic. And while this offers ample room to develop complex moves, the game will also offer a simple combat mode. It will be easy to progress without dying for those who want to focus on the other elements of playing their character through the story.</p>
<p>Which ever way you chose to go, the Witcher 2 looks well on its way to epic fantasy status. Now would be a good time to go back and catch the original, too, if you missed it the first time around. The Witcher 2 will read saves from the first game and setup the world to reflect all the events and decisions made along the way.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>potato at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#15158">RPGWatch</a></p>

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
The Witcher 2 will read saves from the first game and setup the world to reflect all the events and decisions made along the way.

Oh, excellent. Not like I've changed computer, uninstalled and formatted at least once each in the three fucking years since the original

Suppose there'll be saves/editors online, at least

Micmu

Magister
When I finished with Wicther, I had like 2 GBs of save files which I deleted, of course.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom