Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Two Worlds II Previews

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Reality Pump Studios; Two Worlds

<p>Two more E3-based previews of Reality Pumps Action RPG are available.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><a href="http://g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/62980/two-worlds-ii/articles/71185/E3-2010-Two-Worlds-2-Preview/" target="_blank">G4TV think</a> that killing zombies and giant spiders wasn't as much fun as it should have been.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>However, when I finally got the controller in my hands, the game lost some of its allure. The presentation is definitely there, and the dialogue scenes take cues from the Mass Effect and Assassin&rsquo;s Creed games in that you are free to move your character during conversations and the background blurs out to make the characters pop off screen. In other words, it looks the part, but in action, something is just missing. I mean, being able to cycle through preset armor/weapon combinations and combat layouts is great, but that didn't make killing zombies and giant spiders as fun as it should have been.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Whereas <a href="http://www.destructoid.com/preview-two-worlds-ii-it-s-actually-fun--177144.phtml" target="_blank">Destructoid conclude</a> that Two Worlds II is actually playable.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Speaking from a purely aesthetic standpoint, the difference between<em> Two Worlds</em> and <em>Two Worlds II</em> is like night and day. A new closer perspective, slicker animations, and generally more polished graphics makes this look like an entirely different game. In fact, if you gave me a demo of<em> Two Worlds II</em> without telling me what it was, I would easily believe that it was a totally new RPG rather than the sequel to one of the worst RPGs ever made.</p>
<p>This difference translates into the gameplay, too. The closer camera lends itself well to a more action-oriented game, as players of the warrior class perform simple combo attacks interspersed with special moves. Special moves are determined by the equipped weapon, and two are slotted to the "B" and "Y" buttons on the 360 controller, while RT deals normal attacks.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>potato at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/98409-two-worlds-ii-previews.html">GB</a></p>

bhlaab

Erudite
VentilatorOfDoom said:
<p>Whereas <a href="http://www.destructoid.com/preview-two-worlds-ii-it-s-actually-fun--177144.phtml" target="_blank">Destructoid conclude</a> that Two Worlds II is actually playable.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Speaking from a purely aesthetic standpoint, the difference between<em> Two Worlds</em> and <em>Two Worlds II</em> is like night and day. A new closer perspective, slicker animations, and generally more polished graphics makes this look like an entirely different game. In fact, if you gave me a demo of<em> Two Worlds II</em> without telling me what it was, I would easily believe that it was a totally new RPG rather than the sequel to one of the worst RPGs ever made.</p>
<p>This difference translates into the gameplay, too. The closer camera lends itself well to a more action-oriented game, as players of the warrior class perform simple combo attacks interspersed with special moves. Special moves are determined by the equipped weapon, and two are slotted to the "B" and "Y" buttons on the 360 controller, while RT deals normal attacks.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>potato at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/98409-two-worlds-ii-previews.html">GB</a></p>

"Hey wait a second was this piece of shit written by Jim Sterling?"
*click*
:cool:

CrimHead

Scholar
one of the worst RPGs ever made

The reviewer of this article apparently started playing video games only a couple years ago. This is pretty much the opposite of the GREATEST GAME EVAR syndrome video game journalists nowadays have when reviewing AAA titles.

Drakron

Arcane
CrimHead said:
The reviewer of this article apparently started playing video games only a couple years ago. This is pretty much the opposite of the GREATEST GAME EVAR syndrome video game journalists nowadays have when reviewing AAA titles.

To start Two Worlds is considered one of the worst RPGs ever made, sure its no Dungeon Lords (then again Dungeon Lords have a metacritic score of 41, Two Worlds have a score of 50 for the Xbox and 65 for PC, even if Metracritic have a bullshit system of weighting scores) but its not exactly Alpha Protocol "good bad" that have something going for it in many areas but just far too many poor decisions weight it down.

I noticed some reviewers seem to take their stress of by beating some games, AAA titles are pretty much exempt (look at FF XIII reviews, its a shitty game and they are too afraid to call what it is) but if you have low profile game from a unknown company released by a publisher you dont recall even hearing about AND it sucks then you can release all the stress of sucking publishers dicks and do rimjobs for developers of established companies by beating it up.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Haba said:
a more action-oriented game

Kthxbye.

Agree...crap I liked TW1 a bit, I was hoping this one would be an improvement from TW1, but how do you make this game more action oriented?

Remove the stats and dialog completely?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom