Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview The Witcher 2 Interview

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

<blockquote>
<p>The fate of the King lies in your hand in <em>The Witcher II: Assassins of Kings</em>.<br />Tom Gop, Senior Producer, gives details on the sequel where players must protect the King from assassinations, epic battles, evil wizards and a slew of new characters.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Take a look at this <a href="http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/706008/Tom-Gop-Senior-Producer-Of-Witcher-2-Interview.html" target="_blank">video interview</a>.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/98609-the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-video-interview.html">GB</a></p>

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
For Christ sake Gop, practice a little before you give interviews.

Quilty

Magister
Can't they get someone who speaks English properly to do the announcements? The awkward sentences their PR department puts together doesn't make them seem all that professional.

Turok

Erudite
The big question is what king i have to protect? a new one created by the game team or any of the kings of the books.

Any idea?.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Turok said:
The big question is what king i have to protect? a new one created by the game team or any of the kings of the books.

Any idea?.

Yes, you could seen that king in the Witcher outro. You know that part when he fought that masked assassin.

bonescraper

He sounds pretty gay. Expect some hot Geralt on Zoltan interracial gay buttsecks!

dragonfk

Erudite
Raghar said:
Turok said:

Any idea?.

Yes, you could seen that king in the Witcher outro. You know that part when he fought that masked assassin.

Yeah, but from W2 trailers we know that the game starts with one of the kings dead by the hand of some though looking bastard.

Rhalle

Magister
I guess someone-- who will be the end-boss or the penultimate boss-- is hiring a bunch of different assassins, hence AssasinS of Kings.

The assassin in the outro rendered video from W1 obviously is not the big beefy killer dude from the W2 videos.

So perhaps the bad-guy archer is the middle-man out hiring assassins for the big-bad guy? Or for the Under-Boss who answers to the Crazed Cult leader/Ancient Evil boss who wants to be King of everything, maybe?

Also, these W2 cutscenes look a tad bit more JRPG than they did before. Feels kinda homogay and consolified, but I can deal with it, I guess.

Monocause

Arcane
KalosKagathos said:
Tom Gop can into interview.

"Tom Gop knows well English and is able to undertake interviews through after English" would be the localised version.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Quilty said:
Can't they get someone who speaks English properly to do the announcements? The awkward sentences their PR department puts together doesn't make them seem all that professional.
It's perfectly understandable so why should we expect more from a non-native speaker? Personally I'm grateful that foreigners learn my language so I don't have to learn theirs, but go ahead and pretend that we should hold them to the same standards if that suits your boat.

PS. Leaving in "suits" for humor value.

Angthoron

Arcane
Dicksmoker said:
It's perfectly understandable so why should we expect more from a non-native speaker? Personally I'm grateful that foreigners learn my language so I don't have to learn theirs, but go ahead and pretend that we should hold them to the same standards if that suits your boat.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
dragonfk said:
Yeah, but from W2 trailers we know that the game starts with one of the kings dead by the hand of some though looking bastard.
Which trailer? I seen only leaked video made for publishers, it didn't talked about story much, if at all.

http://palgn.com.au/pc-gaming/16579/the ... r-diary-1/
This is more reliable resource, but I didn't have time to watch it whole. They said northern kingdoms would be plunged into chaos, so lets grab a map and try to guess what are northern kingdoms. I'd guess that Ada lover will be unscratched, which drops the ball at that king who gave 8000 orens to the main character.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom