Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Unseen Social Paths In Deus Ex: Human Revolutions

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Deus Ex: Human Revolution; Eidos Montreal

<p>Silicon Era take a closer look at the <a href="http://www.siliconera.com/2010/07/06/one-of-deus-ex-human-revolutions-unseen-social-paths/" target="_blank">diplomatic or social ways</a> to solve missions in Deus Ex: Human Revolutions.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><em>Deus Ex: Human Revolution</em> has a mission set in Detroit where Adam needs to go into a police station to recover information. Adam can fight his way in or sneaking in through the roof or sewers. If you want to take a non-violent route, Adam can walk through the main lobby and talk to the desk sergeant. “By talking to him you’ll discover there is a background story between your character and his character,” Dugas highlighted. “If you try to convince him to go inside he says ‘I’ll lose my job’, that type of thing. If you pursue that route and win you can access the entire police station.” Pick this path and you won’t have to resort to stealth or fighting.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Stealth, Fighting, Diplomacy. This is like that thing Vault Dweller was talking about.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#15262">RPGWatch</a></p>

Angthoron

Arcane
That sounds good - hopefully there'll be many opportunities like this.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Angthoron said:
That sounds good - hopefully there'll be many opportunities like this.
FO3 also had stealth/thievery, hacking, dialogue or combat solutions to many quests. Just sayin'.

Angthoron

Arcane
Why do you do this man :(

Fake edit: True, but then again, you never had the chance to walk into a Raider base and diplomaticize them. I doubt this is the case here either, but eh. At least it sounds better than what the initial info gave, so some incline.

bonescraper

Angthoron said:
Fake edit: True, but then again, you never had the chance to walk into a Raider base and diplomaticize them. I doubt this is the case here either, but eh.
Actually you could diplomaticize the bad guys... raiders didn't have a base, but slavers did. Just sayin'.

Angthoron

Arcane
I wouldn't call that diplomatizing, three lines of "dialogue" don't count.

Come on, this can't possibly be worse than Beth dialogues, right?

...Soon: :rage:

Shannow

Waster of Time
Hey, FO3 with a better character system and less facepalm design, story and dialogue would have been a solid game. Who knows, perhaps they can pull off what Beth was unable/unwilling to do.
Just don't get your hopes up on hype. You'll be disappointed 99% of the time.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm just hoping they don't fuck up Thief too badly. Not too bothered about Desu Ex as it's not like the setting hasn't been raped before and no JC Denton here either to worry about.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm so glad C&C has advanced from the consoletard good and evil dichotomy to the far more complex and engrossing combat/'stealth/convotard selection of choices.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Angthoron said:
Why do you do this man :(

Fake edit: True, but then again, you never had the chance to walk into a Raider base and diplomaticize them. I doubt this is the case here either, but eh. At least it sounds better than what the initial info gave, so some incline.

Welcome to real life, where you can't "diplomaticize" everything that moves.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Oh good, Drog Mastermind is here again to educate us about real-life, the nature of RPGs and how Oblivion is one of the best.

Sir, you already make me wish I was missing you. :salute:

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Mastermind said:
Believe it or not there more than one person who doesn't like you out there.

That's a pretty harsh comeback, bro. Doesn't like you? Holy shit, no. How could I live with someone not liking me. I imagine billions of people don't especially like me too, not to mention not knowing what "me" stands for in the first place, but yeah, keep working on it.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Shannow said:
Just for clarification, Drog, do you mean FeelTheRads or the codex when you say "you"?

He probably means the Codex (my God, I hope he doesn't HATE ME), last time he was here he kept rambling about how everybody at the Codex only needs C&C in games, that multiple quest solutions = C&C and other assorted retardations.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
No worries, bro, I still like you. Especially how you are sad that you were granted something you didn't think you deserved. Such integrity is rare, bro!

Shannow

Waster of Time
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Clockwork Knight said:
Jaesun recently stopped liking me ;(

And? I already stopped liking you before it became cool to do so
And I started liking him when it became cool not to do so. But recently I've started disliking him again. Damn, I'm always behind the trends.

:love:

ady5

Educated
The Codex should implement the realID just like BLizztard, and everyone will be happy knowing exactly who hates who. That way we'll get rid of the trolls also. A win win scenario!

Edit: oh crap, there's already a thread about StalkerID. But meh, it's in general gaming. Nvm

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
ady5 said:
The Codex should implement the realID just like BLizztard, and everyone will be happy knowing exactly who hates who. That way we'll get rid of the trolls also. A win win scenario!

This site is 90% trolling and 10% intellectual masturbation. "Get rid of the trolls" is akin to decapitating the codex after a tough battle / staking it through the heart from the shadows / talking it into changing its purpose to offering handjobs for the homeless.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom