Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Dungeon Siege II dev diary on official site

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Dungeon Siege 2; Gas Powered Games

The <a href=http://www.gaspowered.com/ds2/news.php>official Dungeon Siege II website</a> has got another <a href=http://www.gaspowered.com/ds2/dev_diaries.php?goidx=false&image=9&idxnum=2>dev diary</a> by designer Daniel Achterman. He discusses what fans have been asking for in DS2 and how they're making vague attempts at giving it to them.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Before we get started, I'd like to confess a guilty pleasure. I like to browse the Dungeon Siege II fan forums. I'm a dedicated lurker at such sites as SiegeWorks.org and PlanetDungeonSiege.com. I especially like to read posts about what people would like DS2 to do differently from DS1, and what new features our fans would most like to see. I have good news and bad news. The good news is that many of the things fans want are already in the new game! The bad news is, you won't be able to fly or ride horses. Sorry, guys.
<br>
<br>
One of the most common requests is for fights to be more involving and interactive. Players want to be drawn in to the action of combat, directing characters to unleash devastation with clever tactics.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
If that's what DS players want, I'd buy ToEE. But then I'm all <i>biased!</i>, so ignore me.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

DamnElfGirl

Liturgist
Well, if he's not giving me my rainbow angel wings, I'm not playing!

(Seriously, who the hell thinks flight would make a game like DS more fun?)

Flink

Liturgist
I want a game that doesn't suck... But I haven't seen one in a very, very long time and I very much doubt this thing will break that trend.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Well, it's good to see that they're implementing a skill tree system and a class system similar to Diablo II, as well as heightened interactivity to the combat, which allows for tactical takedowns instead of the usual 'attrition' style method of attack from Dungeon Siege where two people duke it out and the first one who's health bar reaches zero loses.

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing what they can pull off with the game. If it's anywhere as good as Diablo II, I'm in. If it's as uninteractive as Dungeon Siege, I'll be the first to say I hate it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom