Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial You will believe a God Baby Can Fly

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age 2

<p>The Greywardens analyzed <span class="postbody">the choice over Morrigan's ritual and why the <a href="http://greywardens.com/2010/08/the-god-baby-dilemma/" target="_blank">god baby decision</a> can't be the focus of a future major storyline.</span></p>
<blockquote>
<p style="text-align: left;">Am I saying the god baby scenario is never going to pop up for players who <em>did </em>do it? No, of course not. But I am saying that it&rsquo;s not going to be a <em>major</em> portion of a future game. Maybe you run into the god baby somewhere down the line and have a conservation, aid it in a quest, gain it as a temporary companion or fight it and kill it. The god baby, however, is logically not going to be the focal point of a game&rsquo;s plot.</p>
<p style="text-align: left;">Morrigan could be. She&rsquo;s a consistent through every person&rsquo;s Origins playthrough. No matter what you do, Morrigan runs off in the epilogue. The chances that a future storyline could be crafted around her I&rsquo;d say are very good. And maybe if you chose undergo the ritual the god baby would be with her in some smaller capacity. Even still, the focus of those encounters would have to be driven by Morrigan so that it would apply to all players &ndash; those who rejected her ritual, those who accepted it, and those who did neither because they didn&rsquo;t play Origins.</p>
<p style="text-align: left;">I&rsquo;m not saying that I wouldn&rsquo;t like to see the god baby story somewhere in the future. It&rsquo;s an interesting arc to explore. But &nbsp;BioWare <em>can&rsquo;t </em>choose to center a future story around it. From what David Gaider said above, it doesn&rsquo;t sound like its in the works to be the main focal point of a future game&nbsp;either.&nbsp;In general, having the option to choose is nice, but the workload and limitations of video game media can&rsquo;t really support such an endeavor yet and it wouldn&rsquo;t be fair to <em>all </em>players. So if you&rsquo;re really hanging on to see the god baby or another major choice play out in a future installment &ndash; well, I wouldn&rsquo;t advise holding your breath.</p>
</blockquote>

Phelot

Arcane
I can't believe people analyze this retarded story like it's some sort of work of art.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
And people will continue to praise Bioware as masters of stunning choices that carry from game to game.

I'm not saying anyone's done it better, but when they make it a major hype/selling point, they deserve mockery for it not actually fucking mattering.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"And people will continue to praise Bioware as masters of stunning choices that carry from game to game.

I'm not saying anyone's done it better, but when they make it a major hype/selling point, they deserve mockery for it not actually fucking mattering."

Hey, moran, you do ralize that this whole conjecture is just plain by some bullshit net peonic geekzoid and not actual BIO, right? RIGHT? To judgen BIO on such bullshitz is retartedness.

On top of that while BIO is not perfect when it comes to C&C, they do a much better job with C&C than 99% of game developers EVER.

:x

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Volourn said:
"And people will continue to praise Bioware as masters of stunning choices that carry from game to game.

I'm not saying anyone's done it better, but when they make it a major hype/selling point, they deserve mockery for it not actually fucking mattering."

Hey, moran, you do ralize that this whole conjecture is just plain by some bullshit net peonic geekzoid and not actual BIO, right? RIGHT? To judgen BIO on such bullshitz is retartedness.

On top of that while BIO is not perfect when it comes to C&C, they do a much better job with C&C than 99% of game developers EVER.

:x

Bullshit.

Begriffenfeldt

Educated
Lavoisier said:
Why is this a newspost?
I'm thinking VOD was happy with the title.

And also this Grey Wardens stuff is kinda becoming a running gag of its own, symbolic of the decline of both RPGs and RPG Codex in that we have to rely on some obscure biowhore fansite for news.

also lol:
47_starchild2.jpg

Project: Eternity
WHAT IF they had given the Dragon Age sequel to Obsidian? Those guys *might* have done something worthwhile with the genuinely interesting parts of the Dragon Age lore, like the Black City and the thing with Morrigan. But noooo...

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Freelance Henchman said:
WHAT IF they had given the Dragon Age sequel to Obsidian? Those guys *might* have done something worthwhile with the genuinely interesting parts of the Dragon Age lore, like the Black City and the thing with Morrigan. But noooo...
The god baby has the whole "Avellone fantasy PC" thing written all over it.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Remember Baldur's Gate? Don't see that much of a difference in having a Bhaalspawn or a God baby as the protagonist. In fact, using the God baby might offer some interesting aveneus to pursue.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
That guy's naive as fuck. Of course they can set things as canon in the sequel. A lot of rpgs do it. Fallout 2 even did it. Actually the only game I can think of that didn't do it is Kotor 2, since you get to pick.

ElectricOtter

Volourn said:
Geneforge 5 did C&C better than Dragon Age. R00fles!

ortucis

Prophet
Hey guys, using the power of host file on Windows, you can now block Greywardens.com and prevent any accidental visits on any browser, AT ALL.

At least that's what I did after reading first 2 blog posts.. err, articles, from there.

I just thought it was hilarious that they were running scared trying to justify establishing a community around a clusterfuck called DA the moment DA2 was announced. So the only logical way to proceed was to start justifying every moronic idea leaking out of BioWare (or that was present in DA itself), hoping that the visitors will soon forget the streamlined shitpile heading their way (and they have).

:M

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Rhett Butler said:
WTF is a god baby?

At the end of DA, you find out that in this extreme, choice-focused setting, a Spectre Blade Night's Watchman Gay Warden has to sacrifice himself to kill the evil zombie dragon god. Morrigan offers to have sex with the player so that when he kills the evil zombie dragon god its essence will transfer into the unborn child, because that is how things roll in Dragon Age. She then runs away with the kid. At this point, Bioware realised how important a plot point they were potentially setting up, and decided to pretend it never happened.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
If Bioware had balls, they could split the series: one with the child god, and the other without it.

Have two Dragon Age 2 games. Etc:

Dragon Age 2: The Child God

Or

Dragon Age 2: (some interesting phrase).

You can only import your save to the appropriate game. (Ex: if you had sex with Morrigan, you can't import to the non-child god game).

Tycn

Savant
Kind of funny how a 2 day old cell counts as a child for the purpose of receiving evil souls. I bet these faggots are pro-life.

ironyuri

what this is i don't even-

DO NOT WANT

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom