Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Two Worlds II Video Preview

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Reality Pump Studios; Two Worlds

<p>IGN provides <a href="http://twoworldsvault.ign.com/fullstory.php?id=58133" target="_blank">this video preview</a> showing Two Worlds II's combat, crafting, spell combining and the char generator.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><span class="newsbody">Lastly, chargen is shown for TWII, well, a small part of it. It already looks promising (with such things as face bump type - w/e that means! or leg length modifiable). And unlike TW1, it's actually transferred into cutscenes and further in-game, so you can be sure your unique looks are there with you always... However, there's "only" ten hairstyles and eight colors of hair to pick from, so you won't be able to run as Lady Gaga male impersonator. So sorry.</span></p>
</blockquote>
<p>That's a major disappointment.</p>
<p><span class="newsbody"><br /></span></p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#15505">RPGWatch</a></p>

StrangeCase

Educated
Only eight hair colors? Get with the program guys, the clock is ticking!

Yeah, so, video. The inventory system looks wretched. The animations look decent. The narrator has a dumb voice and I can't take him seriously. Magic system seems interesting, but do-it-yourself spells tend to feel samey after a while. I'm not sure why the visuals needed a redesign, because the environments were one of the (relatively few) things TW1 was genuinely good at. Probably wasn't next-gen enough.

Feh.

Achilles

Arcane
Not bad. Interface looks a bit clunky, but I think it will be much better on PC.

AnalogKid

Scholar
So, the promising part of char gen was ... bumpy faces and leg length alterations...that actually show up later in CUTSCENES!?

Whew! Glad I don't have to worry about that.

:decline:

dragonfk

Erudite
AnalogKid said:
So, the promising part of char gen was ... bumpy faces and leg length alterations...that actually show up later in CUTSCENES!?

Whew! Glad I don't have to worry about that.

:decline:

And what did you expect? Oblivion-like slider?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Looks like it will be a decent enough over-the-shoulder ARPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom