Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bloodlines Weekly Update #14

Whipporowill

Erudite
Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Activision's Shane Defreest has let the Bloodlines Weekly Update out of his bag. Here's the q's for this week:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>
<br>
First off I would like to apologize for this being a bit delayed. My computer got the virus bug and it’s been a real pain getting back to speed. In other sad news to report Bloodlines will unfortunately not be shown at San Diego Comic Con this year as previously announced. We will be at Gen Con Indy at the White Wolf booth in August so make sure to catch us there.
<br>
<br>
So without further delay here is what Leon had to say…
<br>
<br>
1) Will vampires be able to climb outside structures, enabling them access to the rooftops of the city? How about climbing walls or walking on ceilings?
<br>
<br>
You will not be able to climb sheer walls and the outside of buildings – the only time you will be able to access rooftops is if there are ladders or specific instances we’ve set up to allow it. And there is no walking on ceilings or walls.
<br>
<br>
I think some people have gotten the idea about climbing walls or walking on ceilings from a screenshot we released showing what appeared to be a Nosferatu walking on the ceiling of a room (or was it a wall?). This shot was taken from a Malkavian Mansion in the game that was built to mirror the insanity of its owner; hence some of the rooms are built upside down, among other weird architectural decisions...
<br>
<br>
2) Troika has said that there will not be coteries in Bloodlines but my question is what else besides dialogue can we expect from NPC’s? Will there ever be times where they help us out in combat-like situations?
<br>
<br>
There will be a few instances of NPC’s helping you out in combat situations, but they will be rare. We really wanted to focus on the solitary, lonely existence of a fledgling vampire in the World of Darkness.
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
The sheer wall "rumour" might also be due to an <a href="http://vnboards.ign.com/Bloodlines_Inn/b22439/49918379/?20" target=_blank>early post</a> by Troika developer Andrew Meggs at the <a href="http://vnboards.ign.com/board.asp?brd=22439" target=_blank>Bloodlines Inn</a>. At least that's what I think - or actually I'm pretty sure of it (no reason being modest, is there?).

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Shane Defreest said:
My computer got the virus bug

Yeah, it's bad. Specially when the thing does that other stuff, and then keeps on doin' it until the thing by the spot ain't in the stuff no more. It sucks :(

You will not be able to climb sheer walls and the outside of buildings – the only time you will be able to access rooftops is if there are ladders or specific instances we’ve set up to allow it. And there is no walking on ceilings or walls.

I believe i will now be screaming bloody friggin' murder.

We really wanted to focus on the solitary, lonely existence of a fledgling vampire in the World of Darkness.

Who will become the Angsty Chosen One!

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
The game looks great. I'm a bit concerned about the content - a reliance on boobs, for instance - but I love the way it looks like the clan you choose has a massive affect on how the game plays out.
I'm confused about the exp system, the guy said that you don't get double exp if you sneak in, then go back and kill everyone for the exp, but it looked to me in this demo that the PC went and got the exp for talking to the girl, then got more exp for hacking into her computer and getting the info again (which is basically an alternate path to the quest).

Whipporowill

Erudite
I don't think he got any xp for hacking the comp - only info. He'd probaby have gotten a "quest completed" and been awarded the same amount of xp if he ha failed to get any info out of Venus and then hacked the comp - that's how I've gotten it. Oh, and yeah - there's more info in the comp than Venus seems wanting to divulge to the player.

Spazmo

Erudite
Coterie? I really hate how White Wolf refuses to use standard RPG terms and insists on using its own really pretentious sounding shit. I mean... I really don't want to be a part of a coterie, and I am French.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yo, like call them your homes? Pimp the bitches.

I really want to pimp the bitches. Can I pimp the bitches in this game? Yo, sell their warez on the streetz?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom