Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News VtM: Bloodlines - Unofficial Patch7.1

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines; VTMB Unofficial Patch

<p>I heard Bloodlines has been voted among the top 5 RPGs on this site, which is of course a terrible travesty, but since it's also a fact I see it as my duty to humbly inform you of the release of another version of the <a href="http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php" target="_blank">Unofficial Bloodlines Patch</a>.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href="http://forum.dlh.net/thread;threadid__35082.html" target="_blank">Changelog.</a></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#15838">RPGWatch</a></p>

Tails

Arbiter
If there is no plot related bug like in previous version, it's good time to replay Bloodlines again.

Monocause

Arcane
Restored Therese and Jeanette reconciling

Can someone say what does it mean? I thought that it was already there a long time ago - unless one of the previous versions broke it :D

Sometimes I wonder if Wesp isn't making bugs and breaking things on purpose so that he can issue further versions of the patch to correct them.

Phelot

Arcane
I can't even figure what most of these fixes are suppose to do... It all sounds superficial at this point or at the least, he's fixing shit that he caused in a previous patch.

Murk

Arcane
Monocause said:
Restored Therese and Jeanette reconciling

Can someone say what does it mean? I thought that it was already there a long time ago - unless one of the previous versions broke it :D

Err, yes... I was always under the impression that...

one of the personas has to die.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
The neverending cycle of wesp's patches. :)

Mikayel said:
Err, yes... I was always under the impression that...

one of the personas has to die.

Not at all,

You can save both, but you need to have at least 4 dots on persuation AND seduction. They stay "alive" on the same body, becoming Tourette.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Excidium said:
Not at all,

You can save both, but you need to have at least 4 dots on persuation AND seduction. They stay "alive" on the same body, becoming Tourette.

Was that present in the original (skill check wise)?

I.C. Wiener

Educated
Most of the bugfixes are for errors he introduced with previous patches, yes. But he also has a fixation with restoring every single scrap of unused polygons found in the game's files, no matter how useless or ugly. E.g., the fucked up caterpillar neck of the cop on the elizabeth dane, the stripper cop in the empire arms.

The email quests for Gary are perplexing too, since it seems he wrote them himself to find a use for some of the unused items in the game files.

In conclusion, RIP Troika

StrangeCase

Educated
He's been doing this cycle of fix bug-> create bug-> fix bug -> create bug ad infinitum for, like, years now. He's weird, I won't deny, but the game really does play better with his mod installed. Besides, it's practically all minor details and trivialities by now.

Tails

Arbiter
hoverdog said:
it's not the same with no drama susrounding competing patches :(
Oh but the drama was some time ago on Steam forums, just Tessera fanatics took over the business when he close down the site. This thread was removed from Steam boards though.

visions

Arcane
Azrael the cat said:
I remember getting the 'reconcile both personalities' quest result even without putting anything into seduction, but having pumped persuasion and charisma ultra high.

Same here, iirc.

Tails

Arbiter
Mangoose said:
Which version, 7.0?
Yes, but it wasn't nothing game braking, just on beginning of the game there were few emails, that suppose show up later. So basically people who finished the game at least once, shouldn't have issue with this.

Harold

Arcane
Rageing Atheist said:
Azrael the cat said:
I remember getting the 'reconcile both personalities' quest result even without putting anything into seduction, but having pumped persuasion and charisma ultra high.

Same here, iirc.

That's because a version of his patch 'fixed' it so you could reconcile them pretty much with almost no effort, after a bunch of morons on planet vampire whined that they couldn't do the quest. Heck, he even had a version where you could fuck Jeanette AND reconcile the two.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Harold said:
That's because a version of his patch 'fixed' it so you could reconcile them pretty much with almost no effort, after a bunch of morons on planet vampire whined that they couldn't do the quest. Heck, he even had a version where you could fuck Jeanette AND reconcile the two.

As much as I like and respect Wesp, that was fucking stupid. I do not think that is present anymore however in his latest patches.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom