Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Irrational Games scores an ally!

Whipporowill

Erudite
Tags: Freedom Force versus the Third Reich; Irrational Games

Seems like you americans (sorry Canucks, I mean North American!) are lucky, yet again:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>VIVENDI UNIVERSAL GAMES SIGNS NORTH AMERICAN DISTRIBUTION AGREEMENT WITH IRRATIONAL GAMES
<br>
<br>
LOS ANGELES – August 2, 2004 – Vivendi Universal Games (VU Games) and Irrational Games today announced a North American agreement which grants VU Games exclusive distribution rights to Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich.
<br>
<br>
Scheduled for release in early 2005, Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich is the PC sequel to the original, critically acclaimed role-playing game, Freedom Force. Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich brings dynamic storytelling, fast-paced tactical role-play, and larger-than-life heroic characters to the computer screen.
<br>
<br>
"Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich is a highly anticipated release that we believe will generate significant demand at retail," said Philip W. O'Neil, North American President of VU Games. "Irrational's decision to partner with VU Games is another endorsement for our North American publishing and distribution capabilities."
<br>
<br>
"When we decided to self-publish Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich, we knew the game we wanted to make and how we wanted to make it," said Ken Levine, General Manager of Irrational Games. "What we didn't know was how to get it into the hot little hands of all the Freedom Force fanatics! This partnership is the final piece of that puzzle."
<br>
<br>
Further details about Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich will be available in coming months. For more information about the game, visit <a href="http://www.freedomfans.com" target=_blank>www.freedomfans.com</a>.
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Well, maybe it doesn't quite cut it as an rpg - but at least Spazmo will be happy to hear this, I'm sure. No news on the european front, thus far...
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com" target=_blank>Blue's News</A>

Reklar

Liturgist
Woohoo! Stupid EA shouldn't have dropped their publishing rights with Irrational Games, even if Freedom Force wasn't a mega-hit. The game is very fun and while it may not fit into the RPG genre as I would typically consider it, there is still more to it than most "action-RPG" titles out there. It has great music and a good classic comic-book feel to it, especially in the voice acting. I'm definitely looking forward to this title. :)

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

dagamer667

Liturgist
Damn. I was hoping to play it before 05.

As for europeans, they can always order it from the US if it won't be released in EU at around the same time. All the Gothic fans in the US were forced to order it from UK since it wasn't getting released in the US anytime soon, which is also why the US version didn't sell much when it came out months later.

dipdipdip

Liturgist
These guys have done me no wrong so far, so's I'm happy when they're happy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom